How to connect to the Network???

Moderator: The Mod Squad

How to connect to the Network???

Postby TheNeophyte » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:13 pm

I guys, here I am again. I have slight problem in the office, I just reformat my PC and again install the software's.

I am just wondering why I cannot connect to My Network Places? Can somebody teach me how to do it in a proper way? But I manage to connect to the shared printer which the 2 printers that we have. I don't have visual on other PC as well. I have the Network Adapter already, do I need to remove physically from the slot and reinstall the driver?I need to connect my PC to the Network for sharing purposes.

Somebody helped me, I am tired of saving the files from the USB and take it to other PC.

Any helped, will surely appreciated.

thanks,
To Live is for something, To Die is for nothing
TheNeophyte
Initiate
Initiate

Postby jimmy-j » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:13 am

Have you checked that you are on the same workgroup as the other computers?Go to one of the other computers and right clik on the "my computer" icon this will bring up a dropdown menu, Select properties and on the system properies page that appears click on the computer name TAB on this page you will find the information as to which workgroup you should be in, Carry out the same procedure for the computer you are having trouble with and if the name of the workgroup is not the same then you press the change button on that screen to re-wright the workgroup that should be assigned to your computer. A reboot after this should then put you back onto your LAN group.
jimmy-j
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby TheNeophyte » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:42 pm

jimmy-j wrote:Have you checked that you are on the same workgroup as the other computers?Go to one of the other computers and right clik on the "my computer" icon this will bring up a dropdown menu, Select properties and on the system properies page that appears click on the computer name TAB on this page you will find the information as to which workgroup you should be in, Carry out the same procedure for the computer you are having trouble with and if the name of the workgroup is not the same then you press the change button on that screen to re-wright the workgroup that should be assigned to your computer. A reboot after this should then put you back onto your LAN group.

Dear Mr. Jimmy,

This is to inform you that I have successfully connected to the network again. I just follow your instructions, after I reboot my PC and walla I'm back on track. Thank you so much, that's very simple. I admire your your talents your awesome.

This case is close, and now a candidate for deletion.
PDT_Armataz_01_01
TheNeophyte
Initiate
Initiate

Postby jimmy-j » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:53 am

Glad you got it sorted, but we don't close posts as the information in them may well be of interest to others that have similar problems.
Thank you for your feedback :D
jimmy-j
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby TheNeophyte » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:04 am

Indeed thank you and your always welcome Mr. Jimmy-J. If that's the case, will just continue this thread. You have your point there, just hoping this can help others as well.

Again thank you,
TheNeophyte
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Networking