Best Way to Remote Access My Desktop Computer

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Best Way to Remote Access My Desktop Computer

Postby leasoncre » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:40 am

What is the best way to Remote Access my desktop computer from my laptop?

My desktop is has a wired connection, and is always on (downloading torrents). My laptop will be accessing it from a public Wi-Fi access point.
Both computers have anti-virus software (Symantec) as well as AVG Anti-spyware.
Both run Windows Vista.

I know Windows has this feature, and I am aware it is disabled by default. I am also aware of several programs that will do the same thing. Desktop will NOT have a static IP. If a Virtual-LAN is needed how do I create one?

Which program/method is the best and secure?

I want to be able to both control the remote desktop as well as transfer files between them. I realize this may not be possible from the same app/interface.
leasoncre
Initiate
Initiate

Postby evasive » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:19 am

We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

What's The Best Remote Desktop Tool?

Postby techcruncher » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:57 am

If you could get by without unattended access, I recommend Techinline Remote Desktop

I've switched from LogMeIn to Techinline a few months ago and I find it by far the easiest tool to use since it does not require any installation on either end. For remote support work, all your customer does is open a page in their browser, give you a code which you punch in, and you are good to go. Doesn't get much easier than that! And I find the pricing a lot more reasonable than the LogMeIns and GoToAssists
techcruncher
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to Networking