Is my Router or ISP cable modem failing?

Moderator: The Mod Squad

BIGMAN131307
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Is my Router or ISP cable modem failing?

Post by BIGMAN131307 »

So like always I have "issues" with my cable internet service. :? Spectrum tends to be that way, and I'm stuck with them. So I adapted and work around the issues the best I can.

Recently they doubled my internet speed for "free", after the $5 price increase a couple months ago. :wink: :lol: When the internet is working, it works fine for my needs. But when it's down it's a pita.

**So what is going on now is I'm loosing connection. But not directly by my cable modem. At least not all the time. :?
As far as I can tell my cable modem (Ubee DDM352.1) provided by Spectrum is all lit up. My router (Linksys MAX-Stream AC1900 MU-MIMO Gigbit Router Model# EA7500) is also connected. Then after sometime my network connection gets lost (/). My router seems to have lost the connection. But the
cable modem is still lit up like normal. :(

Prior to the "upgrade" my modem would get disconnected, but reset itself by itself. If not I'd reset it. That problem is caused by Spectrum. After I got the speed increase, I received a notice from Spectrum. They say my "equipment" needs to be replaced, it's not optimized, yada,yada.

**What is causing this problem? Is their modem the culprit, and needs to be replaced? If so should I return the Ubee DDM352.1 for what they deem "optimized"? Or should I return the Ubee DDM352.1, and use the ARRIS SB6190 I bought last year?

How about my router? Could that be going? How do I determine if it is going? If so, what should I get to replace it?
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Re: Is my Router or ISP cable modem failing?

Post by Mr T »

Do you use a VPN?
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
BIGMAN131307
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Re: Is my Router or ISP cable modem failing?

Post by BIGMAN131307 »

No VPN used, I don't even know how to set one up :( .