Idea/request

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

poundu1
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Idea/request

Post by poundu1 »

Evasive
how about inserting a PM to every member in the forum in the form of a request to join the Folding Team, A clever 1 sentance statement with a link to read further on its benefits.
crispr edit
poundu1
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

!

Post by poundu1 »

Got another system to fold with.I have been up all night and want to get this thing folding before I pass out.
I have no modem access. the networking is messed up on this ....no burner either. floppy only for now ...Tooo tired.

Meant 2 be a "new post"
Last edited by poundu1 on Mon May 24, 2004 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crispr edit
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Re: Idea/request

Post by Pette Broad »

poundu1 wrote:Evasive
how about inserting a PM to every member in the forum in the form of a request to join the Folding Team, A clever 1 sentance statement with a link to read further on its benefits.
Ladd does much of the PM'ing and has already done loads of it. I don't think bulk PM'ing is possible and might annoy those who have already been PM'd if it were. Why not contact Ladd and see what he has to say about it.

Pete
[img]http://tinyurl.com/3x7anjn/.gif[/img]
Ladd
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post by Ladd »

Ya I've sent out probably over 5000 pms since I started. I still have 26 pages in my outbox..... lol

I pm each new member that posts here at the board and thats usually anywhere from 25-50 a day. I just have to rely on my memory since I lost the list on pming older members. Have sent it out to a few people more then once, but they are usually pretty understanding. I've only yet had one person get pissed at me for asking them to join since I've started.

I send em out every evening religously, and like Pete said a mass email would hit alot of people that I've already talked to and may cause a negative reaction.
[url=http://www.frontiernet.net/~lenb/team33258.html][u] [b][size=100][color=blue]Click here to Help humanity! Please join the Motherboards.org Folding Team (33258)[/color][/size][/b] [/u][/url]
Myth
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Post by Myth »

Yeah Ladd! and don't pm me again :lol: :wink: :wink:

Just kiddin' ya!

You could go to the more popular boards (recommends and tech support) and post interesting topics to grab people's attention (curiousity in the topic) and send them to this board. Or, make up an interesting flash presentation for newbies to get hooked.

I tell ya.. I was interested in folding at the end of last year but didn't have a machine fast enough to do anything (7 years old)... now that I have my new machine I joined up.... I was VERY overwhelmed with it all. Now that I'm on "this side" of it I realize that it's really not that big of a deal. It's just taken me a lot of questions and reading tons of posts to really "get it".
poundu1
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

tactical

Post by poundu1 »

I agree, need some clever but honest single sentence catchy phrases.
Topics for the other boards, or answering/solving peoples problems puts them (me2) in a "i want to pay/thank" mentality. That sounds like a promotional opportunity.
The bottom line is eventually every body is going to wish they had done it sooner for the "cure".
crispr edit
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Post by Toby B. »

You could go to the more popular boards (recommends and tech support) and post interesting topics to grab people's attention (curiousity in the topic) and send them to this board. Or, make up an interesting flash presentation for newbies to get hooked.
If you mean other sections of this site........That is a no no...

The sigs and avatars are providing ample exposure for this particular forum section...Don't mind the PM/email approach but do not spam the rest of the forum looking for new recruits...
poundu1
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

ok

Post by poundu1 »

I looked for that "avatar" in
my profile how do I fly the MBOFT flag?
crispr edit
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Re: ok