How did this happen?

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

How did this happen?

Postby Ripshod » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:55 pm

I have version 4.0 of the Console client and the Graphical client installed in the same folder. The Console was working merrily away when I accidently activated the graphical client.
That stuffed up the console so much that it downloaded a new WU.
Now I have the Console working on p683_TZ2_NAT_EXP, And the graphical working on p848_p53dimer848, in the same folder, at the same time. I'd like to see how this one ends, so I'm not stopping anything.
Before you ask, in MyFolding.html the unit number changes between the two. Windows XP Pro SP1.
8O 8O 8O
CALL &BD19 (If you need to ask you don't need to know)
Ripshod
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Southwind25 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:40 pm

Aussie would know about that I think. When he and Josh were doing the challenge thing I remember Aussie talking about running more than one instance of the program on a non dual or hyper threading machine(AMD).
Southwind25
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby DefaultDave » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:52 pm

the key phase is IN THE SAME FOLDER.

i run 4 clients at once on a HTed box but in seperate directories. i believe you can do this (not recommended though) if you do not include the -local in the CLI
DefaultDave
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Tulatin » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:03 pm

yep, put em in seperate directories - that's the way to go. Also add the -local flag, and make sure to have each with unique machine IDs.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Ripshod » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:47 pm

Well, the graphical has just returned it's completed WU and I've shut it down. The Console is still working merrily away (albeit a little faster now) and all in the SAME directory. I'm not doing it again though, the experience was interesting but I bet it can't be repeated.
CALL &BD19 (If you need to ask you don't need to know)
Ripshod
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team