Potential threats!!

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Ladd » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:57 am

I like that! Its really well done man!

The only thing I would consider changing is when you click the link in the signature and the page loads up, there are 2 other links on that page, info and join, I would link the "join" one to your motherboards.org folding page instead of stanfords download page. Then people could see and read about what we are doing and then follow the page to stanfords download page after. Just a thought. Otherwise I love it. That uncle sam logo kicks!
Ladd
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby dharbert » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:23 am

Ok, I changed the "join" link on the recruitment page to the root of our teampage. Those who wish to join our team can click on the "join" button from there.

...i've been meaning to dole out some compliments to the people who've been unselfishly putting together the team home page and keeping this team going. dharbert's done a nice job of picking up from smurf pimp.

Well, thank you. Credit does need to go out to Tulatin (for creating the team), Smurf_Pimp for creating our first teampage, Len444 for the FAQ's and configuration help, and all of our members for continuing to contribute to our now 228,000+ score.
dharbert
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Ladd » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:17 am

Right on! I changed my signature around last night so that it points to your recruitment page. lol I left the lettering big though hoping that it may catch eyes.
Ladd
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Southwind25 » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:10 pm

Thanks again dharbert :D
Southwind25
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Tulatin » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:08 pm

Well, the thing is that we can get em to join, but we need a way to get em to stay. Some form of enticement may do it...
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Pette Broad » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:12 pm

Tulatin wrote:Well, the thing is that we can get em to join, but we need a way to get em to stay. Some form of enticement may do it...

Got anything in mind? :)

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Tulatin » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:13 pm

The badges are a nice idea, but people won't go for em. I'd offer free fans and cabling for US residents for every 1,000 work units (care of SVC), but alas, no CC
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby dharbert » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:46 pm

You may be right about needing to entice people to join (and recruit). It actually sounds like a pretty good idea. Have the prizes set up to follow the milestones. 1k = prize, 5k = prize, 10k = prize.

I don't have enough extra money lying around to buy everyone a prize, but I'll try my best to kick start this thing.

Starting the 1st of January, I will give the first current member who can recruit the most new members during that month a brand new dual P3 board w/manual and drivers.

Out of those new recruits, the first one to reach 1,000 points gets an OEM SBLive! 5.1 w/software.

As far as the milestone prizes, I'll have to see what I can do. I saw Tulatin suggest fans and cables. Anyone else have any ideas on this, or is it a bad idea?
dharbert
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Tulatin » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:49 pm

SVC - we can give full sets of rounded cables for under ten bucks. Fans, grilles, sleeving, thumbscrews - you want it, we can get it fairly cheap. The prob is that the tulatin needs to work though someone for contributions.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby dharbert » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:53 pm

The prob is that the tulatin needs to work though someone for contributions.

What do you mean?
dharbert
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PreviousNext

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team