big arsed WU

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby CDBurner » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:08 pm

Len444 wrote:athlon xp cpu's will need -forceSSE flag w/ the latest v4.00pre1 beta versions to get sse assembly code functioning.

Is there a way to get my AthlonXP to use SSE with F@H 3.24? I have already enabled the "-forceasm" switch; did that enable SSE?
CDBurner
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby len444 » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:45 pm

CDBurner wrote:
Len444 wrote:athlon xp cpu's will need -forceSSE flag w/ the latest v4.00pre1 beta versions to get sse assembly code functioning.

Is there a way to get my AthlonXP to use SSE with F@H 3.24? I have already enabled the "-forceasm" switch; did that enable SSE?

yes, -forceasm will get sse enabled w/ the 3.24 version, but it will revert back to 3dnow!+ after the first wu is completed, or until folding is restarted (which then becomes the first wu- and the cycle repeats itself). the 3.25beta version will run sse continuously w/ the -forceasm flag. the latest beta version has many improvements, and is more stable for linux users. it will need -forceSSE flag used to get sse. the beta versions are available at the link at the bottom of the downloads page. read the changelog there, as this will detail the changes, and features.

to upgrade the windows 3.24 graphical version to the latest beta, you'll need to remove winfah.exe (i think that's correct name used for the 3.24 version), paste the newly downloaded v4 graphical version to the same directory, rename it the same as the removed 3.24 executable, and rename the previous 3.24 version to something like winfah.old and place back in the directory. this way the file will be there should things not work out. not sure if a reboot is needed, but might for a system running as a service. make certain to pause, and quit folding before this procedure. this is also explained at the linked site in my sig, even though it represent doing so w/ the 3.25beta version, the general process is the same. give it a whirl earl, as it'll help speed things up :wink: :idea:
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Previous

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team