What happens when a work unit finishes?

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

What happens when a work unit finishes?

Postby CDBurner » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:54 pm

How does a work unit get submitted, and does it show up on your "Folding@Home" statistics page right away? I finished a work unit (my first one!) about 15 or 20 hours ago, and it still doesn't show up when I click the "view statistics" button in the Folding@Home software. Is this normal?
CDBurner
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Tulatin » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:24 pm

Usually it just uploads to stanford's servers. If it can't, it goes and waits in the queue. First off, make sure your team is set to 33258, and then right click the client, and go status queue info - what's in there.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby CDBurner » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:24 pm

When I go to Status -> Queue Info, I see that one work unit is done and one is active. That looks right to me. Thanks!
CDBurner
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Tulatin » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:26 pm

re-start the client with the -send all flag to get that unit going - then re-start again without it once it's done. It's rare that a unit gets trapped
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby CDBurner » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:41 pm

I'll give that a try; thanks for the suggestion!
CDBurner
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby charlene » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:35 am

SOme peoples send automatically but mine don't. Since you have one in the queue that's done it means it hasn't sent and isn't attempting to. Make a 2nd short cut on your desk top to the folding at home program and change the flags to
Code: Select all
-send all -verbosity 9

Then quit pause and quit your current WU and start up the folding at home from the new short cut - it should attempt to send - it'll take a wee while but once its sent it quits itself and then you can go back to your WU you were working on 8)
charlene
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby len444 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:57 pm

but once its sent it quits itself and then you can go back to your WU you were working on

you'll have to remove the -send all flag to resume normal folding activity :wink:
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby CDBurner » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:13 pm

Thanks; I tried that, and it worked fine! Thanks for the help, everyone! :D
CDBurner
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby charlene » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:38 pm

Len444 wrote:
but once its sent it quits itself and then you can go back to your WU you were working on

you'll have to remove the -send all flag to resume normal folding activity :wink:

What I meant was start folding again from the original short cut on your desktop, and keep the 2nd shortcut with the -send all flag there for when you want to send... that's what I do :P
charlene
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby len444 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:19 pm

charlene wrote:
Len444 wrote:

What I meant was start folding again from the original short cut on your desktop, and keep the 2nd shortcut with the -send all flag there for when you want to send... that's what I do :P

didn't realize that- thanks for the clarification.
:o
perhaps rename it send all, and create another shortcut w/ -queueinfo flag, and rename it as well. also add the -verbosity 9 flag for max read out. perhaps stick them in a seperate folder to avoid confusion. just remember that -queueinfo flag reports in the fahlog.txt file. you'ld have to copy the -queueinfo target, and paste to a command line (command prompt) to get the output to show, and stay open. :idea:
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team