Weird Programmers

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Weird Programmers

Postby son0rous » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:47 pm

While takin a look at the source code of the F@H client with a resource editor, i noticed the follow phrase repeated for no reason at all at the end in a section called 240: Random Spacefill Ball and Stick. They have an entire section dedicated to this useless phrase, what the heck is the point? Maybe if they spent more time not filling up their program with useless words they could have time for making programs that are compatible with the newer processors. Can anybody else see a reason for this?
son0rous
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby DefaultDave » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:13 pm

good imagination there pimp. but that is for the drop down box for the "visualization type" in the 'display' tab of the config screen. :lol:
DefaultDave
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby son0rous » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:17 pm

ahhhhh i knew i'd make myself look dumb one of these days, what exactly does it do?
son0rous
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby DefaultDave » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:20 pm

when set to random (default setting) you get the ball and stick....as well as the space fill graphic representations of the proteins. you can select JUST space fill or ball/stick.

the thing i don't know about it really is the "molecule draw rate". i tend to think that's the amount of times it redraws the graphic so i slide that pointer all the way to the far left.
DefaultDave
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team