Badge Design Entries

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Tau » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:05 pm

We would also need to have someone who would be prepared to handle the financial side of things.

Perhaps one of the Moderators would be prepared to do this.

Also we would need to decide on how many of each design we want to order and again someone to post them out to members.

As I have said before I will take care of Europe if needed.

How will the people involved in posting out the badges be recompensed for the postal costs involved.

Just my thoughts.

We will also need to find out how many members are willing to donate anything for this tribute.

I know some people have already sent in pledges but I feel we will need some more. Especially if we want a Plaque for Josh's family.

If you wish to pledge anything please feel free to PM me and I will keep tabs on what is coming in.

Thanks
Last edited by Tau on Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tau.

"Learn from other people's mistakes, it's quicker."

Tau
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:07 pm

Incorperate it into the cost from donations. Besides, posing them will be like 3 pounds at max (ram going across the pond)
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby charlene » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:41 am

Here's something I came up with last night. Obviously the text/wording can be changed - this is just my design/layout idea not a final thing:

Also, if someone can take a pic of their mobo and send it to me I can make the mobo logo look more like the original - see I had to redo the mobo logo myself cos the one on here is way too small in resolution... unless whoever made that original logo could send me a big copy?

Tau aye, I meant $0.45 :D haha whoops!

I'd be willing to donate something though I don't have a paypal account - tried to start one up before and it didn't accept my card - some sort of bank problem ? :?

Yeah I do think a moderator should take care of the money though I guess it's not essential. If someone in the US could take care of sending out badges to people in the US and Canada and then someone in Europe take care of Europe that'd be better to save on postage. And then maybe someone in Australasia - maybe they could take care of there and Asia or is that too much? Do we have anyone in Africa or Latin America?
charlene
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby charlene » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:48 am

By the way, if anyone is wondering why I haven't got a score in folding yet it is cos I can't seem to send or receive WUs. What I happened was i received my first WU, processed it and then couldn't send it or receive any others. So what I did was uninstalled it and downloaded it again. I am now 70% through a WU but whether it'll send is anyone's guess :(

I asked for help on the actual F@H forum but no luck there.

So that's why. :roll:
charlene
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Southwind25 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:16 am

Nice design Charlene :D Tau I pledged $25. I have a paypal account although I haven't used it in quite awhile, let me know who to send it to. If needed I would take care of posting the badges in the US. I'm in Kansas which is the center of United States.
Southwind25
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby boheemee » Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:33 pm

Nice design charlene, very clean. I like it. :) Hope your WUs start going thru this time, seems a lot of people are having that problem....
boheemee
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby charlene » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:07 am

Thanks Boheemee and Southwind :D

Looks likes my WUs are working this time - just started my 2nd one and I've sent thru my first one - hooray! I *think* the problem is that AOL users shouldn't tick the "use Internet Explorer settings" box. Not sure tho, it's working now so all's good :D
charlene
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Tulatin » Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:56 pm

It's rather nice, and clean.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby charlene » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:50 am

Thanks Tul :mrgreen:

So what happens now?
charlene