Badge Design Entries

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Tulatin » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:50 pm

That is true - how much can it really cost to have 100-200 4 colour badges printed?
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby boheemee » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:54 pm

hey charlene, post a design, as far as i know nothing has been decided yet as to design, size or process. my design was done in PhotoMax Pro, a first attempt at something like this. from your previous post in this thread i see you're a designer, i for one would like to see what you can do. and maybe you can share info on how this process is done, costs, etc.
boheemee
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby charlene » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:12 am

That is true - how much can it really cost to have 100-200 4 colour badges printed?

If you're doing 100-200 then litho definitely won't be an option - it'll be way too expensive. The most cost effective would be laser prints... or maybe screen printed vinyl ones but I don't know as much about that. The good thing tho is that cos they are small you can fit quite a few on an A4 page - so that's maybe another factor when deciding the size - the smaller they are the more you can fit on an A4 page and therefore cut down on cost. If you do 25mm x 25mm (1" x 1") then you'd get somewhere between 60 and 96 badges per A4 page (depending on bleed etc). That'd mean you'd only need 2 or 3 pages for around 200. How much can a colour laser print cost?? In college it costs us £1.20 for a colour A3 printed out on the big docucolour printer! So you're talking pennies if you are able to get these badges laser printed! Digital printing would cost more - they charge around £8 as a set-up fee but would be slightly better quality. Of course you have to add in the price of the material you're printing on... and you wouldn't be able to buy 3 seperate sheets.

What kind of material are we thinking of? Obviously some kind of sticker :wink: I wonder if you can laser print onto some kind of vinyl sticker - that would look great imo.

If we do go the laser print way, colour doesn't matter, cos it's either full colour (CMYK) or black&white.

Boheemee, I like your design... it's just I do this kinda thing nearly every day so I'm an annoying perfectionist. I think I see things others don't :wink: For example, on your design I can't help but notice the text is a bit misaligned... :? That's just me. For a first attempt it's amazing though! I'm not familiar with PhotoMax pro - it doesn't seem to produce very good quality text. I'll see if I can come up with something myself, though mightn't have time til next week. If anyone needs printing advice or anything I'll be happy to help... I'll try and remember to come in here more often 8)
charlene
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby charlene » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:02 pm

I found this!!!!!!...

http://www.securisysagency.com/case_badges_custom.html

That would be AMAZING!! Plus they ship worldwide FREE! We could maybe get a number posted to a couple of destinations where someone would then send them to others accordingly.

I'm sure most of us would be willing to contribute financially, and their prices don't seem too bad - from $45 each. And they're full colour so no need to worry about number of colours!

What ya reckon? :D
charlene
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Tau » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:27 pm

$45 each.

I hope you mean $0.45c each :lol:
Tau.

"Learn from other people's mistakes, it's quicker."

Tau
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby boheemee » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:37 pm

Good find charlene!!!
Tau Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:27 am

$45 each.

I hope you mean $0.45c each

Price varies with the quantity, from $0.45 to $1.90 each.
No setup charge! FREE shipping Worldwide! Normally dispatched within 4-10 business days.

charlene Posted: Fri Nov 14
For a first attempt it's amazing though! I'm not familiar with PhotoMax pro - it doesn't seem to produce very good quality text.

Thanks for the compliment. PhotoMax Pro is a program that came bundled with other software on 1 of my video driver disks i believe, so it's probably not top of the line.
boheemee
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Tulatin » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:59 pm

That's perfect. I say we start.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby boheemee » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:51 pm

Tulatin Posted: Fri Nov 14
That's perfect. I say we start.

Has a design been decided on yet? only a few have been submitted. I would like to see what charlene can come up with, or maybe charlene can rework one of the designs submitted by Smurf_Pimp, or one of mine. And where do we send the pledge money...(is a money order acceptable?)??
boheemee
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Tulatin » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:52 pm

i mean once we get a few more submissions, and vote. Please not that the contest portion is no longer available, unless somebody wants to toss something out.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby boheemee » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:56 pm

I understand about the contest, was just wondering about the rest. maybe a deadline should be set, and then a poll or vote set up to determine which design to use.
boheemee
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team