Folding and Firewall

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Smurfcorpse
Black Belt
Black Belt

Folding and Firewall

Post by Smurfcorpse »

I use Kerio Personal Firewall. I also will be joining the folding team. I need a rule set for my firewall can someone help me out?
[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/smurfcorpse/sig2.gif[/img]
It's always funny until someone loses an Operating System!
DefaultDave
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post by DefaultDave »

keep port 80 open :lol:
[url=http://www.statgfx.com/statgfx/folding/?&username=Default_Dave&border=90,215,60&custom=90,215,60&label=90,215,60&header=90,215,60&stats=90,215,60&bgcolor=0,0,0&trans=no&template=fah_original&.jpg][b]Default_Dave's STATS![/b][i] Team #33258[/i][/url]
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Post by len444 »

have you figured this out? i'm more or less familiar w/ norton system works firewall, which will pop up a window when FAH first attempts internet access. selecting automatically configure will set up a rule specific to it. perhaps your firewall is like this? i'm not certain w/ your specific brand though. hope someone else knows, and can help you out.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Post by Tulatin »

Use IE connection settings - worked for mine, with almost no config. Just allow it access on all ports...
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Post by Copper »

Len444 wrote:have you figured this out? i'm more or less familiar w/ norton system works firewall, which will pop up a window when FAH first attempts internet access. selecting automatically configure will set up a rule specific to it. perhaps your firewall is like this? i'm not certain w/ your specific brand though. hope someone else knows, and can help you out.

same with mcafee
"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
GEFORCEFreek

Post by GEFORCEFreek »

:?: :?:
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Post by Tulatin »

Basically norton and mcafe will pop up a window notifying you of the program trying to get online, and you should tell it to permit all. That, alone with use IE settings will help.