Record Sized WU!

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby evasive » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:41 pm

joshvee wrote:
evasive wrote:
You bet. Any funny behaviour of one of us would damage our credibility as a whole.

sorry but doc overclock beat you to it

link to topic. completely baffled what you are talking about...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby joshvee » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:54 pm

evasive wrote:
link to topic. completely baffled what you are talking about...

http://www.motherboards.org/forums/view ... c&start=20

And just incase you dont know which one on that page im referring to...
Doc Overclock wrote:No one had to die you little worm this is my site therfore you can kiss my booty as I rule here dweeb.

If you do not like it little worm you do not have to come here...

Spare me your pathetic melodrama weasal boy go find your rock and crawl back under it........

I can always just delete all your posts and make it like you do not exist.....

This is my world geek wake up and smell the coffee......

Now that somewhat damages your credibility
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby evasive » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:00 pm

Seen this? Explanation enough? Or do you expect a personal apology from Doc? Keep dreamin'

Doc Overclock wrote:
No one had to die you little worm this is my site therfore you can kiss my booty as I rule here dweeb.

If you do not like it little worm you do not have to come here...

Spare me your pathetic melodrama weasal boy go find your rock and crawl back under it........

I can always just delete all your posts and make it like you do not exist.....

This is my world geek wake up and smell the coffee......

Damn it Doc, would you quit blasting our visitors. He did not deserve that though. He is entitled to his opinion for sure. The only thing I can see that he did wrong was post about mac in the Hundred year war forum (it is for flame wars)...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tulatin » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:16 pm

Will you idiots leave each other the @#$! alone already! We aren't gonna get anywhere if you don't stop slinging $%^!@# around like monkeys! There. I had to say it.

As to OCing the dual righ Auusi, why not just short pins to do it?
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby evasive » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:22 pm

All I'm pointing out is that Doc got it from Mobocop in public (which usually means something a bit more severe by PM) and thus consider this thing solved. If joshvee still has an issue with this he should PM mobocop directly.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tulatin » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:23 pm

True enough that doc was repromanded for dinging the guy, but if you two want to keep this running, go to the 100 yearr war.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby joshvee » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:25 pm

Hang on I was simply replying to evasives comment that if the mods played up they would lose their credibility and I simply pointed out the doc already played up and evasive asked me to show him where....why do u all keep blaming me when u ask me to do it in the first place.

evasive wrote:Seen this? Explanation enough? Or do you expect a personal apology from Doc? Keep dreamin'

Umm what explination all i see is mobocop telling him off. Why does everyone seem to keep missing or mis interpreting my point. I never once mentioned or implied in ANY way that doc should give an apology. try reading the posts again maybe ull get it second time round.

and yes Tulatin i'll stop right now.
Last edited by joshvee on Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Aussie » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:26 pm

it sounds like your nostalgic love for AMD is clouding your judgment

I don't love processors I have a wife for that. :P

if price was not an issue everyone would own a 3.2c.

Unfortunately the reality is that price is an issue for the majority so that's an irrelevant argument.

But with the onset of the 3.2c and the 875p chip set AMD have fallen behind badly

I would agree that AMD has fallen behind right at this particular point in time as far as the bleeding edge goes but not everybody buys at the bleeding edge anyway do they. Only those fools easily parted from their money. I wouldn't recommend a 3.0 or 3.2GHz processor from either manufacturer to anybody because they are such poor value (see first argument).

prove me wrong

There's more than one way to skin a cat and there's more than one way to build a powerful computer. I'm not saying that a single AMD 3200+ processor can beat a single Intel 3.2GHz processor what I am saying is that for less money you can build a dual AMD system that could match (or at least go damn close to matching) the performance of a single Intel P4 3.2GHz. Therefore the AMD processor is worthy of consideration when building a performance system. Now I may be wrong but my challenge was one way of getting some indication of whether my argument has any merit even considering the advantage you would have in massively overclocking the Intel CPU on a performance oriented motherboard compared to my less than bleeding edge CPU's running at stock speed on a "performance limited" server board.

A single P4 3.2GHz CPU in Australia costs $1188 retail, AthlonXP 2400's are $155 each. Like I say less money, a lot less.

http://www.eyo.com.au/details_A-P4-3.2-800.html

http://www.gamedude.com.au/cpuG.html

I'm tired of this bickering.

I'm tired of the bickering too so why don't we just shut up and put this thing to the test.

Aussie
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tulatin » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:27 pm

Well, then. Can the argument and put your silicon where your mouth is!
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby joshvee » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:33 pm

Aussie wrote:

I'm not saying that a single AMD 3200+ processor can beat a single Intel 3.2GHz processor

Aussie

Hmmm maybe thats why we keep butting heads....you see Aussie thats ALL I'm saying. I am ONLY talking about the 3.2 v the 3200+
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

PreviousNext

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team