WU 3065

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

WU 3065

Postby whiteboy » Sat May 03, 2008 2:28 pm

just finished a SMP WU and according to Fahmon the new Wu that download ( 3065) was download 5d 20h AGO. and final deadline was 1d 20h AGO.

is anyone else having this issue? or is it a giltch in FAHmon. would hate to crunch on this for 2 days on the laptop and have it not be any good.
Amd Phenom 9500 Quad on a ECS a770m mobo
4 gigs ram
ATI Radeon x1950pro w/1 gig ram video card
2 250 gig samsung sata HDs
2 lite on sata dvd burners
all in a raidmax blue neon case running Vista64
total cost under $600 built march 2008
whiteboy
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun May 04, 2008 6:59 am

You may not have the associations right for the F@H process. You must have the flag -advmethods in the command string. Extra SSE boost is also needed. And you should run the process with at least 90% CPU usage!
You can find all the console commands here.. http://folding.stanford.edu/console-userguide.html .
And ensure your system has the latest SSE processing associations. You may need an update.
And with those short-term WUs, they are best run 24/7.. not shutting down the system until submitted! Also advised to not have other programs in operation while they work. The F@H process is in need of major CPU prowess.. but is designed to readily cede to any other OS needs.

Edit:
A laptop has a default energy-saving process. It will throttle back when user input isn't noted.. and can affect self-sustaining program operations. May be advisable to reconfigure your laptop for 'always on' when using the AC adapter.. and reduce the throttle back status.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby whiteboy » Sun May 04, 2008 8:12 am

nothing has changed on it karl...when it downloaded a NEW WU it said fahmon shows that it was downloaded before the final deadline. all WU before this has had no problems and no flags have been changed.
4 gigs ram
whiteboy
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun May 04, 2008 8:51 am

Those GRO-SMP/GROGPU and GRO-PS3 WUs are very short-term. Most are on a 1~3 day minimal submission. If you go past the maximum deadline, you still should get points.. but not as good as when within the time line.
Have you gotten any similar WUs previously?
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Myth » Mon May 05, 2008 10:38 pm

3065 is an SMP WU. They always have VERY fast turn arounds. My mac has had several of those. Takes it an average of 12 1/2 minutes per frame according to fahMon.

Usually SMP's have about a day and a half to turn in and 3 days to get points. If you can't crunch that then you shouldn't run SMP's. If you have run those before just fine you need to check for a virus or something hogging your system resources.
Myth
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby whiteboy » Tue May 06, 2008 3:19 am

let me rephase... after it downloaded the WU F@Hmon SHOWED THAT THE FINAL DEADLINE PASS 3 DAYS AGO. So it seems that my SMP client download a Wu that had already expired past the deadline. I was wondering if anybody has has this happen?
4 gigs ram
whiteboy
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby Daft Ada » Tue May 06, 2008 3:38 am

whiteboy wrote:let me rephase... after it downloaded the WU F@Hmon SHOWED THAT THE FINAL DEADLINE PASS 3 DAYS AGO. So it seems that my SMP client download a Wu that had already expired past the deadline. I was wondering if anybody has has this happen?

The dates are clearly illogical and therefore there must be a problem. Delete the core and download a fresh one.
Daft Ada
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team