World Community Grid

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

World Community Grid

Postby iamwhoiamtoday » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:54 am

I currently have all of the systems in my sig crunching data for the"World Community Grid"http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
I'm doing this instead of Fah, because all of my systems have anywhere from 2 to 8 processing cores, and I have never gotten the Fah Multithreaded client to work properly. My 8-core machine is a Mac, is there a multithreaded Fah version for OS X?

I'm still trying to figure out the multithreaded Fah client, and if I get it to work, then I will start crunching data for this team again :D :D
People who have gone through Starfleet academy should be taught how to fix everything. Even a Roman aqueduct.
iamwhoiamtoday
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:53 am

This is the official site for all F@H process programs.. Linux, Mac and Windows.
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Pette Broad » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:40 am

Yes, there is an SMP version for the Mac, its in that listing that Karl posted. I can't help you with The Mac but I've setup windows versions of SMP. What problems are you having?

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Myth » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:50 am

I have a mac (4 core) running great with the SMP client. For all the best info for setting up a mac I always go to teamOSX's site.

http://teammacosx.homeunix.com/forum/cg ... 1812;&#top

They have tips and tricks for MAC's and PC's. Great for everyone!
Myth
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby iamwhoiamtoday » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:17 pm

Pette Broad wrote:Yes, there is an SMP version for the Mac, its in that listing that Karl posted. I can't help you with The Mac but I've setup windows versions of SMP. What problems are you having?

Pete

I took another look at the SMP client (the last time I tried was about a year ago) and I managed to get it to work, so now I'm running it on both of my PC towers (Q6600 and E4500). I pick up my Mac Pro tomorrow, and I do plan on putting the Mac FAH client on there, thank you for the link Myth.

I also went on ahead and installed it on my mom's intel imac (2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo)
People who have gone through Starfleet academy should be taught how to fix everything. Even a Roman aqueduct.
iamwhoiamtoday
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team