MAKING A COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

MAKING A COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby dougsherwood1320 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:51 am

I have started folding again!
I have moved, got married, and a new job.
I am still in Yuma, AZ
building a quad core workstation but, able to fold on my laptop (core 2 duo) and some rigs at work including an AMD quad core. Will start to see numbers increase now.
Hope you are all well, good to be back.
look for more from me soon.
Doug
SOME THINGS MUST BE BELIEVED TO BE SEEN

MEMBER- MOTHERBOARDS.ORG FOLDING TEAM
>>>>>>>>>1,000,000 POINTS<<<<<<<<<
dougsherwood1320
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby whiteboy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:49 pm

Welcome back. I know how that goes, I just started making a comeback myself last month after almost taken two years for a break due to life reasons.
Amd Phenom 9500 Quad on a ECS a770m mobo
4 gigs ram
ATI Radeon x1950pro w/1 gig ram video card
2 250 gig samsung sata HDs
2 lite on sata dvd burners
all in a raidmax blue neon case running Vista64
total cost under $600 built march 2008
whiteboy
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:11 am

Great to have you back in the "fold"!
Don't worry about that catch-up process.. do what you can, all is appreciated.
Hope the laptop sustains its work load. Keep it cool! I see from the status link that you are at #24 slot... great folding!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby MrCraigCraig » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:56 pm

:mb_welcome::
I tried using a "Point of View Gun", but my aim was lousy. ;-)

ASUS K8N, AMD Sempron 3100+(1.8ghz), 1gb RAM, eVGA 5500FX 256mb AGP, two WD120gb SATA drives in RAID 0 (striping), 450w power supply.

Fold well, so that others may prosper.
MrCraigCraig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Myth » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:00 am

So good to see so many of our regulars coming back. Thanks. Congrats on the marriage! :D

Doug - what keeps you in Yuma? I'm curious. I grew up in NW Phoenix and would occasionally meet someone from Yuma. Well... last lady I met was a hoot! She told me all the stories about when Star Wars (Jedi) was shot down there - sand monster pit thing. How big is Yuma these days. Since most of the valley has all grown together into one big city I would assume that Yuma is also getting quite huge. I've been out of AZ for over 10 years.
Myth
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby dougsherwood1320 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:06 am

Myth,
I have been here for 2 years, since my wife died. I recently got married again and my wife has been here for over 20 years. she has seen a lot of growth. Yuma is expanding all the time, even since I have been here. Of course we get people in the winter (snowbirds) who stay until the cold weather at their "home" is over.
Today it is low 70s and mid 60s all next week, the best time to be here.
The summers are brutal but, I can deal with it (we have AC, pool, and the river). Most of us take vacations during summer to get out of the heat. We will be going to San Diego sometime this summer to enjoy the beaches and cooler weather. Jobs don't let us go for too long but, the break is nice.
I am putting the finishing touches on my new "main rig", a quad core workstation used for my business (engineering) and my wifes system is folding now, along with a laptop. I'll add some more in the next couple weeks also.
must go back to work, thanks for the messages,
Doug
SOME THINGS MUST BE BELIEVED TO BE SEEN

MEMBER- MOTHERBOARDS.ORG FOLDING TEAM
>>>>>>>>>1,000,000 POINTS<<<<<<<<<
dougsherwood1320
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Myth » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:48 pm

The only thing I hated about living there was walking home from school. I would get home, grab a large glass of ice water then either jump in the pool or turn on the ceiling fan to full blast and strip down as far as I can with my brothers around. :roll: :lol:

We always did outside stuff in the evenings or mornings if we had a choice. Wasn't that big of a problem. I REALLY felt sorry for the road construction guys. HOT sun, HOT tar, Black surface all around you. Those poor guys.

Glad to hear you're building some fun "toys". :D
Myth
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team