Uploading but not?

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Uploading but not?

Postby Sabrewings » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:05 am

My console keeps thinking some of my uploads are unsuccessful. Yet I get credit for them. I have to go in and manually delete the WU results file for that WU otherwise it keeps trying forever. I keep track of my WUs pretty closely, so I know they go through, yet my console doesn't believe it on like one out of three. Any ideas?
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Daft Ada » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:05 am

Which version?

I'm running the v6 beta and it's a little weird sometimes with not recognising work-units etc. I just delete the Core file and download new one. It only takes seconds so it really doesn't matter too much.
Daft Ada
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Re: Uploading but not?

Postby Pette Broad » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:20 pm

Sabrewings wrote:My console keeps thinking some of my uploads are unsuccessful. Yet I get credit for them. I have to go in and manually delete the WU results file for that WU otherwise it keeps trying forever. I keep track of my WUs pretty closely, so I know they go through, yet my console doesn't believe it on like one out of three. Any ideas?

I've not seen (or heard) of this before but I'm thinking this may be down to the Browser you're using, it certainly needs looking into. The only thing I see from time to time is that the results are sent and confirmed but the results data file doesn't get deleted. If I'm in any doubt I run the console version with the -queueinfo flag from a dos prompt. I also use EM3 to confirm doubtful uploads.

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:05 pm

If the queue file has a read-only attribute to it, it may not allow editing by other than the active programming it associates with.
Could be the server that accepts your returns has no record of the WU assigned, and cannot change the queue data file stats.
Maybe it is due to the Firewall program restricting access to that one IP source for port input?
Looked over the Console Commands but found nothing specific.
Did find this, which may be of use to disclose more detailed activities..
-verbosity x
Sets the output level, from 1 to 9 (max). The default is 3. This option should be used if the user wishes to see more detailed client output, particularly useful if there is a problem which needs to be reported to the F@H client development team.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team