Steroids?

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Daft Ada » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:12 pm

Before I clicked. I thought this was pharmaceutical spam :lol:
Daft Ada
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Just viewed on CNN this afternoon a story on a certain procedure that causes Alzheimer's patients to have an immediate and sustaining reversal of the affliction! CNN Story:
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Pette Broad » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:23 pm

Myth wrote:Keep up the GREAT work everyone! :D

Yeah, record breaking scores all round, now over 50k per day :o . However, I won't be able to do any SMP units for a few days as I won't be at home for a day and a half so its pointless starting any new ones with the deadlines being so tight.

Pete
Last edited by Pette Broad on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Pette Broad » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:33 pm

Karlsweldt wrote:Just viewed on CNN this afternoon a story on a certain procedure that causes Alzheimer's patients to have an immediate and sustaining reversal of the affliction! CNN Story:

Interesting, this could provide some hope for sufferers and especially their families. My mother had a different type of dementia , all the classic signs of short term memory loss, but she could remember things from WW2 as though they happened yesterday and recall the names of all her school mates. Also, she never lost the ability to recognise people, but it was like the last 25 years had been wiped away from her mind.

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:06 am

Maybe our memory retention is like a hard drive.. just so much can be stored. And we can't do any 'archiving' or backing up as with a hdd! :lol: :lol:
Old memories are retained, but new events aren't retained. :(
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Myth » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Pette Broad wrote:
Karlsweldt wrote:Just viewed on CNN this afternoon a story on a certain procedure that causes Alzheimer's patients to have an immediate and sustaining reversal of the affliction! CNN Story:

Interesting, this could provide some hope for sufferers and especially their families. My mother had a different type of dementia , all the classic signs of short term memory loss, but she could remember things from WW2 as though they happened yesterday and recall the names of all her school mates. Also, she never lost the ability to recognise people, but it was like the last 25 years had been wiped away from her mind.

Pete

That's my dad! He remembers old military stories (served in France and Japan) with great detail. Remembers LOTS of truck driving stories as well as school teaching and old girlfriend stories :roll: . But the more recent stuff is hazy.... He's starting to forget stuff within the same day. Basically from the 70's onward is hit and miss (my brothers and I are in that haze). He has a hard time remembering grandkid's names.
Myth
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Myth » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:36 pm

Thanks for thay article Karl. I passed it on to my mom. Maybe she can insist my dad gets some sort of treatment. His mom had some mental disorder in her old age and has 2 siblings recently diagnosed with memory problems (can't remember what one).
Myth
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Previous

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team