40K babeeehhh!!!!

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Pette Broad » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:51 am

ThEvil0nE wrote:How do I delete it? It's one of mt T2130 that's missing deadlines twice in a row now.

There's a couple of ways to delete it. The correct way is by first looking in the log to see what number it is, it'll be between 00 and 09.

Working on Unit 01 [December 31 09:45:36]

Then close down the client and relaunch it using the flag -delete 0X, X being the Units number. This keeps the queue.dat file up to date.

The other way is to delete everything in the work directory after you've closed the client, this messes up the queue.dat file, not that it really makes any difference.

The T2130 is 1.83ghz same as my T5600 which looks to be good with SMP. I'm thinking that maybe the CPU core is an older type and not as efficient?

EDIT, Yes, The T2130 uses the Yonah core.

The shortcomings of Intel Core (Yonah) are:

The same or even slightly worse "performance per watt" in single threaded or non-parallel applications compared to its predecessor.
32-bit processes only. 64-bit processes are not supported. (See the Intel Core 2 successor, which is a 64-bit processor.)
High memory latency due to the lack of on-die memory controller (further aggravated by system-chipset's use of DDR-II RAM)
Limited Floating Point Unit (multiply/divide) throughput for non-parallel computations or single-threaded processes; this is due to the smaller number of floating-point units in each CPU core compared to some previous designs.

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby ThEvil0nE » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:12 am

it's at 94% now so I'll just finish it non the less and just do the deleting on the next failed deadline (hopefully not)

thanx btw :)
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:30 am

Try to allow the F@H process some of its "own" time. Disable non-essential programming, and allow the computer a lot of "idle" time. This "idle" time is when the F@H process will be most efficient and productive. When you multi-task on any PC, you are subverting the F@H processes to background activity with minimal preference. My system gets about 16 hours daily run-time, and I do other tasks about 4 hours of that period. The rest of the time the PC is on stand-by, semi-dedicated to F@H.
For some of those special WUs that are due within only two or so days, perhaps it would be better to give 24-hour idle operation for their completion. Yes, they may offer large point totals, but they are more time-constricted than others. If you are prepared to accept a lot of them, then dedicate your setup to that single task.
Some processor types are less efficient at compiling data than others. Not much you can do to accelerate features that aren't available.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby ThEvil0nE » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:07 am

It finished the succeeding work unit... so I guess it's back in business 8)

and oh btw... 50K and counting PDT_Armataz_01_34
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby dallascisco » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:54 pm

woot
dallascisco
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby ThEvil0nE » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:09 am

Having problems with SMP... it's won't won't run now!!! :(
When I open it, also ran it as admin, it auto shuts down :-|
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Myth » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:06 am

I had this recently happen on my mac. After downloading the most recent client it ran again. I think the old beta clients expired and quit working after the newer client was released.

All is working fine here again. I was down for nearly 3 days before I figured out what was up.
Myth
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby ThEvil0nE » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:33 am

Myth wrote:I had this recently happen on my mac. After downloading the most recent client it ran again. I think the old beta clients expired and quit working after the newer client was released.

All is working fine here again. I was down for nearly 3 days before I figured out what was up.

lead the way pls Myth... send me to the correct path... link me :)

ty
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Pette Broad » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:13 pm

Link is here.

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

Myth is right, all beta clients expired a few days ago.

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Previous

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team