People swapping PS3s for Wiis?

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

People swapping PS3s for Wiis?

Postby Oylpann » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:05 am

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/20 ... -for-wiis/

An online report is suggesting that some PS3 owners are trying to trade their PS3s with Nintendo Wiis. Interesting stuff!

A report at GigaGamez investigates the new phenomenon of PS3 owners trying to trade their Sony games consoles for Nintendo Wiis. The report writer looked up cragslist.com and did indeed find a number of attempts at the trade, something that is a little unusual because there were many more Wiis available to purchase than PS3s, and new stocks of Wiis are on the way.

Apparently, the price of PS3s have also been dropping on eBay, leading the report writer to conclude that perhaps some PS3 owners who managed to purchase more than one PS3 are trying to do a relatively fair swap for a Wii - some are asking for a Wii plus extra cash, others just want to do the swap.

There’s also speculation that people want the Wii because the PS3s best game is Resistance: Fall of Man. This, of course, forget that there are plenty of cool PS3 games on the way, and the PS3 has its own motion sensing technology, which, while not as good as the Wii, is still pretty cool and opens up Sony to emulate some of the Wii’s successes.

Time will only tell who the ultimate winner of the console race will be. But it is definitely interesting to read these reports. Me? I was lucky enough to get a review Wii for Christmas from Nintendo, as well as play it a couple of months ago, well before the official launch. I’ve also been able to play the PS3. Both are stunningly good consoles, as is the Xbox 360. I love all three for different reasons, so even I can’t firmly say which one will win.

But whichever console you go for, whether its one, two or all three - you’re sure to have a great time playing some very cool console games. Game on! And oh yes - Merry Christmas!
"You cant hug your family with Nuclear Arms"

Asus F2A85-V Pro
AMD A10-5800K APU @ 4.5GHz
8GB G. Skill 1866
550w PSU
Hyper 212 Evo
Oylpann
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Return to Games