Battlefield 1942, help please

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Battlefield 1942, help please

Postby bluefinva » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:14 am

I've bought this game and I'd like to fly a plane. I get in the darn things and take off but then I instantly sink the plane. I accelerate and use mouse up then crash. Then I tried mouse down, same thing.
Also there's suppesed to be a sub I can command, where do I find it? As many times as I've sank in the planes you'd think I'd have caught a glimpse of one.

Thanks
bluefinva
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:05 pm

The submarines are not in every map. I think Guadacanal is one of them that features subs, but maybe only 1:5 maps will have them. Just look for the spawn points that are in the water that are single spawn points. Destroyers and aircraft carriers have 2 grouped spawn points, subs only have one.

As far as planes are concerned, you have to hold down the throttle to keep it going. I do not have a joystick to use, so I use the keyboard to fly.

use the WASD and the arrow keys to fly.
W is forward. S is reverse
A and D keys will control yaw.
0 on the keypad releases bombs.
I think right-Ctrl will fire machine guns.

Then the arrow keys up and down control pitch, and left and right control banking.

I may have gotten the terms (yaw, etc) wrong, but basically you have to hold down W while taking off and flying. Then let go of W only to coast or bring down your speed for bombing runs, etc. Anyways, it's hard to master, but just remember to stick your left hand on the WASD keys, and your right hand on the mouse or keyboard arrow keys. But you really do need a joystick with a throttle lever to make it easy.
Johnny Mnemonic
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Demosthenes » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:55 pm

If bluefinva does not mind, i would also like to ask a question about BF1942 in this thread.

Me and my friend attempted to play it yesterday, over his LAN. But the whole time, it seemed very jittery, and chopy. I assume it was a network problem, sense we both have good computers, that well exceed the minimum requirments.

This happen to anyone else? Anyone have any thoughts why it would do this? All other games played fine over the network.
WinXP Pro
1.9ghz AMD Athlon XP (barton core) OCed to 2.25ghz
Volcano 9
Abit NF7 rev. 2
512mb Apacer Infineon DDR3200 in dual channel mode
Gigabyte 5900xt
4x Aopen DVD burner
400 watt PSU
120Gig 7200rpm Maxtor
Demosthenes
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby patriotguitarist » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:31 pm

I just bought the game and I use a joy stick to fly. It makes it alot easier but practice makes perfect. Also I believe subs are only on certain multi-player boards. Like Johnny said look for the spawn points.
Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead.
patriotguitarist
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Games