Serious Sam Second Encounter

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Serious Sam Second Encounter

Postby Jaa99Pa » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:52 pm

Anyone know how i'm supposed to kill the tons of chainsaw-hacking pumpkin heads? There are waaaaay to many of them, and i'm stuck in a room with nowhere to hide. I did get through, but with only 42 health left (after many reloads). I don't usually use cheat codes, but i'm willing to at this point! Anyone have tips or codes? :P
John
Jaa99Pa
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Demosthenes » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:34 am

http://www.cheatcc.com

Go there, but please, only use codes when your truely stuck.. they ruin games, and take away any value they once had. I am against cheat codes for any use other then getting past something, that sometimes is almost impossible.

But just keep trying. Always the best rout.
WinXP Pro
1.9ghz AMD Athlon XP (barton core) OCed to 2.25ghz
Volcano 9
Abit NF7 rev. 2
512mb Apacer Infineon DDR3200 in dual channel mode
Gigabyte 5900xt
4x Aopen DVD burner
400 watt PSU
120Gig 7200rpm Maxtor
Demosthenes
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Jaa99Pa » Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:14 am

Since my last post, i got through part of that area, but now i'm in an area where there are countless bone-looking creatures. It's where there are a lot of pillars and a black shadow that keeps moving back and forth in that room. I had to go through there to get the one Jaguar, and on the way out, all hell is breaking loose. The thing with this game though, is that you usually can't go back into an area once you go through the doors. Most games you can...in order to get health and ammo. I'm playing this game on the "normal" setting, too. Imagine, there are 2 more levels harder than this one! Thanks for the cheats though...although i still might not use them. I also prefer to get through the game on my own. :wink:
John
Jaa99Pa
Initiate
Initiate

Postby f76 » Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:15 pm

hmm those skeletons just run straight and jump so wast as many as u can form a distance an flam them when they get close... and just strafe aside. just tango :)

but i left that game alone.. no story line just more and more mutations and no story line....

SOFII = scary action.
f76
Initiate
Initiate

Postby twixel » Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:56 am

Its been a while since i played this game but its one of the hardest things ive ever went through. Did you get to the part where your in a room and you bounce up and down and you cant get out until everything's dead? I would be very surprised if you get through the entire game without using cheats the last boss is pure torture :lol:

My advice to you would be to try a weapons cheat and fill your flame thrower with ammo and burn 'em all because it is a very hard game and if your stuck for a good weapon then its almost impossible. This way you still have fun 8)

If your determined not to use cheats then figure out what weapons to use against what enimies that way you will be a more efficient killing machine and will waste less ammo. You should also never use the thingy that kills everything on the screen unless you have all you can carry and your really stuck, its vital for success in this game.

Anyway hope this helps you in some way.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
twixel
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby Jaa99Pa » Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:02 am

I finally started using ammo cheats at the part where it's a very long, wide open area. I tried so many times to get through there without cheats, but there was no way! There are tons of monsters that keep coming. I'm playing on the "normal" difficulty mode, but i've never seen a game with non-stop bad guys though. I cheated my way to the room where you bounce up and down. God-mode is what got me there. Yeah, it seems like it's almost impossible to get through this game without cheats. And i'm not good at strafeing, so that doesn't help! :roll:
John
Jaa99Pa
Initiate
Initiate

Postby twixel » Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:56 pm

Yeah the only way to get through it without cheats is like I say using the best weapon for each enemy. There are so many enemies you must get rid of them as quickly as you can and do to that you need to have your weapon keys all configured close to W,A,S,D and know them really well so that you dont have to think what key to press.

If your not all that good at strafing then maybe you should play quake online to get used to it. I find quake3 is the best game to learn all the moves and when your playing against real people they're alot smarter than bots and are far harder to kill thus you get lots better :D
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
twixel
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Return to Games