What's your favorite gaming platform?

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

What's your favorite gaming platform?

Postby Vikster » Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:39 pm

Just curious... what platform do you guys like the best for playing games? I've never used anything but my pc, but I'm wondering if playstations, or xbox, or nintendo have advantages.

So what do you like & why?
Vikster
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Tolemac » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:01 am

For myself, I like the PC as a platform as it is more like an arcade than the others which is what I'm used to. (showing my age there :wink: ) I have used Sega and Nintendo and PS2 and they are ok, but the PC gives me much more control IMHO. 8)
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby gamepyrate » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:38 am

well the last gaming system i bought was an N64. Aside from the controllers that ruin through age, it's my favorite [besides PC] because it's got some of the best games ever created -- Mario 64, Goldeneye 007,
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PC rules

Postby Bloemkool » Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:05 am

As i like RTS and FPS its quite obvious i prefer PC
Controls for rts and fps suck when playing on ps or xbox
If the Xbox could only have a mouse, i might want to take a look at the machine, coz Halo looks really great!
Bloemkool
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby HotshotTrebor » Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:17 pm

I have a PS2, and there are some rather good shooters on the console, but none are as good as the PC. The main appeal of multiplayer on a console is being in the room with your buddies... launching a rocket down your friend's throat is twice as fun when he's right next to you shouting. Some of the games get pretty sophisticated; with TimeSplitters 2 you can i.Link four consoles together to get 16 players. However, the shooters are definitely of a different flavor; the controls are tougher to use and change the nature of the game. Rent the system and a few games for a weekend and see if you like it.
HotshotTrebor
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby halo4life » Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:41 am

XBOX is great. Halo is great. I play Halo LAN once a week with 16 people, =) I have Xbox Live and 4 games that I play online among others that I play single player.

With that being said, I prefer PC gameS because they are more in-depth and overall better.

You should see me play FPS on the PC...its scary =/ Use to a controller =)
halo4life
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Pechorin » Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:29 am

Of the consoles, I have to go with the xbox.

However, console technology is just a snapshot of the current PC technology. For example, a PS1 is as good as a gaming PC from the late 90's while the latest generation of consoles are equivelent to a decent gaming PC of today. That being said, in a year there will be a dramatic difference in quality between the PC and the xbox because the pc is in a constant state of evolution while consoles see major upgrades every couple of years.

Also, I can gradually keep my pc current while my roommates xbox will always be what it is.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world"
--Nelsen Mandela
Pechorin
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby effika » Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:35 am

I like my SNES.

Of current consoles... well, I love a lot of the games on the Gamecube (and they look very awesome), but the PS2 has many more games that I prefer. The Xbox, while the games on it are rendered very prettily, just doesn't have games that appeal to me.

Overall... probably PC, though. Can't beat a PC for a fps, and I can play snes games on it. :)
effika
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby chulo_d » Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:34 pm

Cant beat the PS2 IMHO. I think that technology wise it isnt on par with the XBOX but software wise it has just an unbelievable catalog of must have games. The Xbox does have a few games I like like HALO, but overall there arent enough of the must haves to warrant buying the console.
If it aint broke, fix it till it is
chulo_d
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby XxMorpheusxX » Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:45 pm

I have X-box and like that the most because of the graphics and games like Halo and Splinter Cell. But nothing beats the PC
Never argue with a stupid person, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.
XxMorpheusxX
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Next

Return to Games