Anyone here from the old "TSN"?

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Anyone here from the old "TSN"?

Postby Valour » Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:50 pm

Any veterans of the original online gaming service, The Sierra Network (later renamed The ImagiNation Network)?

It was wayyyy back a million years ago, before the web could show multimedia content... 1990-1996 I believe. Then AT&T bought it out, held onto it for a few months and sold it to AOL, who used a few of the card games for their lame $2 per hour game area and trashed classics like Red Baron and The Shadows Of Yserbius.

-Jem
"The proverb says that Providence protects children and idiots. This is really true. I know because I have tested it." -Mark Twain

I wrote this book: www.herotale.com
And here's the next one: www.emeraldblackbird.com
Valour
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Re: Anyone here from the old "TSN"?

Postby diamud » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:43 am

Valour wrote:Any veterans of the original online gaming service, The Sierra Network (later renamed The ImagiNation Network)?

It was wayyyy back a million years ago, before the web could show multimedia content... 1990-1996 I believe. Then AT&T bought it out, held onto it for a few months and sold it to AOL, who used a few of the card games for their lame $2 per hour game area and trashed classics like Red Baron and The Shadows Of Yserbius.

-Jem

I played Shadows of Yserbius (still have an old disk kicking around somewhere), but not online.
diamud
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:13 pm

I played both those, the paintball game, and occasionally the card games. Pretty cool stuff back then.
Johnny Mnemonic
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Valour » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:54 pm

I was mostly in Red Baron. That was the most fun I've ever had playing computer games... it was the golden age of gaming!

-Jem
"The proverb says that Providence protects children and idiots. This is really true. I know because I have tested it." -Mark Twain

I wrote this book: www.herotale.com
And here's the next one: www.emeraldblackbird.com
Valour
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Return to Games