The Mother Board

Motherboards.org forums. Free tech support, motherboard ID, and more.
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: crysis warhead
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:44 am 
Black Belt
Black Belt

Anyone tried it yet? I just downloaded it from steam and except for the very annoying gamespy thing that tries to install every time you start it (but can be fixed by moving a file) and the annoying intro videos that can't be bypassed (again it can be fixed by moving the video files) i like it. I have just been playing the single player so far. I have not tried the multiplayer yet just the single player. Anyone else have any thoughts about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:26 pm 
Black Belt
Black Belt

Crysis single player was pretty good, but multiplayer wasn't that great.

Gigabyte DS3R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:30 am 
Black Belt
Black Belt

I have played and beaten Crysis Warhead, and... I mean, it wasn't Bad, but it wasn't good either. It really felt like a "we want your money game" so the quality just wasn't there.... also, in the vast majority of the press releases, I kept hearing "it runs better now" which I didn't see... I had to drop the settings quite a lot to get it to run properly. It's also 32-bit only, whereas the origional crysis could run natively in 64-bit mode. (yes, I complain about the engine more then I do about the gameplay, I know) I also didn't like the "Cut Scenes" from outside of Phyco's perspective, it was kinda annoying... and nothing like the style of the origional Crysis. Parts of the gameplay were fun, parts were far from fun, parts of the "new" storyline just didn't make any sense at all (well, not "New" storyline, just the events only happening to Phyco)

it just felt like a "we want your money, so here is a crappy knockoff of a good game using the same engine" Fear + it's expansions anyone?