Your favorite game

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:20 pm

Wudce, ex-everquest, current DAOC addict... :)

Well let's see what I have...

Neverwinter Nights (great game, but I seriously neglect it because of time)

B1942 (One of my main stress reliefs of the day)

MOH:AA (Kinda taken a back burner to B1942, until the grenade spamming, plane camping ticks me off)
    Aliens Vs. Predator2 (This game still kicks butt, due to the variety. Not as mainstream as others, but so fun to play)

Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Such a well balanced game, and always plenty of new maps to play)

Earth And Beyond (review here http://www.gamepyre.com/reviewsd.html?aid=1&p=1 This game is very fun initially, but soon gets repetitive. The higher you go, the worse it gets.)

Mafia (This game is such a joy to play. I've spent over 40 hours and am still less than half way through it. Think Grand theft auto2 with some brains and in the 1930's era. Review coming soon on http://www.gamepyre.com. No multiplayer, however.)

Thief 2 (Got this game cheap because I am such a fan of the first one. Haven't played it much because due to time, but sort of a lesser known classic. It's a FPS that requires stealth and puzzle solving instead of a quick trigger)

Diablo 2 (Never beat it because my save game got corrupted somehow. Retrying in my (lol) free time)

Baldur's Gate 2 (Liked the first, so I bought the sequal off e-bay cheap, still on the backburner as RPG's take such a time investment.)

And Unreal Tournament (Still a classic, still in use, runs on just about anything, and yes my UnrealTournament directory is about 3 Gig in size (map downloads) so why fight it?)

If you ever run into a player named 12_Monkeys online in any of the above, it's probably me.

Hmmm. So I wonder why my girlfriend says I don't pay attention to her...
Johnny Mnemonic
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby dementia » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:15 am

Can I just say that im glad to see that everybody here isnt under the spell that most of the world's pc'ers seem's to be under the spell being that Half-Life is the greatest PC game ever with the best story ever and all the rest. Why do people think that?

Deus Ex is a game that I did'nt see mentioned here (maybe i missed it) and I think it is the best game even now because there is so much to do and so many way's to do it.

Other awesome games IMO Quake3, AvP2, Allied Assault and Wolfenstein.

There is one more game that I would recommend if you have never played it Clive Barker's Undying and its on budget so its nice and cheap.
Yes, I am new and new rhymes with poo but you were new once too so you smelled like poo or even an old shoe....just made that up good eh!?
dementia
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Starbuck15 » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:42 pm

Let me add a few more here, Max Payne, X-Com UFO Defense, Fallout 1 and 2, and Worms 2.
-Starbuck
Visit my Homepage and Ben 10 Games here
Hey I'm a GEEK and I'm proud of it!
Starbuck15
Black Belt
Black Belt

Fav Games

Postby Shanghai » Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:50 pm

Come on forum,

Max Payne and Quake 3 win hands down :)
Shanghai
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby BillZad » Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:03 pm

8) Mafia, Battlefield 1942, GTA3, Spearhead, MOH, the graphics are kool
with a Ti 4600 GF4.............Yeah Babyyyyyy!!!!!
BillZad
Initiate
Initiate

Postby wrbonfield » Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:13 pm

medal of honor allied assault muli. definetely...the one and only reason is you arent stuck in the middle of battle when your spawned with a whimpy little pistol (urg SOF2 multi.) also its more realistic than other fps's. i also like battlefield 1942.
umd '11
wrbonfield
Initiate
Initiate

Postby gamepyrate » Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:12 pm

half-life was a damn good game. it really started everything else. it brought realistic sci-fi [okay maybe an oxymoron] atmosphere with good graphics, a great plot, and no hidden satan-worshiping themes to the pc game world. just think, without half-life's huge success we probably wouldn't have some of the best games of the day, like America's Army or Unreal Tournament 2003. Aside from id's groundbreaking games, half-life is one of the most important in the history of pc gaming.

thief is another damn good game!! too bad it's not possible to play it in multiplayer.
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby dementia » Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:27 am

I remember playing Half-Life and the only two bit's I enjoyed were the bit where you first met the soldiers and you thought they were going to help you but instead they shot you and the great AI (still umatched IMO). I would really love someone to explain the end of Half-Life to me when you get to that zen bit because I stuck at the game so I could see the good bits because I thought it was just a slow starter but then I got to zen beat the baddies and it ended leaving quite depressed. Why did they even put such a stupid/crap level at the end of one of the biggest game's ever?

It was the great AI that made Half-Life stand out and all the talking about it before it was released. The game as a whole was a break through for sure but it all would have happened sooner or later. As for fun? I would have been better off injecting myself with thermal compound.

In all the PC game mag's they still talk about Half-Life like they're under some kind of spell slagging Max-Payne and other game's because of their stories but err...where was the story in Half-Life exactly. Maybe they give different copies for review :lol: . It's because of the mag's and stuff, that go on about it so much that make's me think people are afraid to dislike it.

Just getting this all of my chest maybe some one here cares :lol:
Yes, I am new and new rhymes with poo but you were new once too so you smelled like poo or even an old shoe....just made that up good eh!?
dementia
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Divemaster » Fri Dec 13, 2002 10:43 am

Dark Age of Camelot.................get it, play it, love it :)
Resistance is futile - Borg
Divemaster
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Crazy Horse~ » Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:47 pm

The beauty of Half-Life is that there are so many different games that are built on the "Half-Life engine". The story Half-Life is based on may not be the best, and I also didnt think to highly of the game and didnt bother trying to finish it.

However there are many Mods (additional games) that can be downloaded for free from a number of locations. The different Mods include: Counter-Stike (CS has HUGE following, one of my favorites)
Day of Defeat (fun WWI game)
Team Fortress (not bad)
Death Match Classic (fast pace, strange weapons)
Natural Selection (Kick Ass, Their Newest Mod release, I would
have named it "Starship Troopers"
Ricochet (never played it)

For multiplayer gaming, Half-Life is great, and once you buy a copy of "Half-Life" you can down load all the mods for free. The HL cd only cost about 10.00 now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=27234

Cant beat that with a stick :D
Next time I have to go to a funeral, i'm going to be the main attraction.
Crazy Horse~
Green Belt
Green Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Games