Mario Kart Wii problem

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Mario Kart Wii problem

Postby GodSquirrel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:51 pm

Got it at the midnight launch tonight... it seems that after a few races it locks up completely on my mom's wii. screen goes black, remote won't even turn off the wii at this point. i haven't gotten a chance to test it on my wii yet, but i will when i head by my place tomorrow. she has a far newer wii than i do however.

anyone else get this locking problem?
GodSquirrel

Postby Mr T » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:36 pm

Checked the disc for defects?
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby GodSquirrel » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:01 pm

disc is fine, checked it pretty closely to make sure, worked great on my Wii as well... no other Wii games give my Mom's Wii trouble either
GodSquirrel

Postby hunter1801 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:43 pm

If the game works fine on yours, I would guess its a problem her Wii is having. Not sure what that may be, so thats about all I can think of.
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby GodSquirrel » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:46 pm

only thing i can think of is mine was patched last with Smash Bros, and hers was actually patched with Mario Kart Wii. Didn't require an update to play mario kart, but Nintendo does like to release games with patches intended to make mod chips not work (no neither of these Wiis are modded). maybe there was a slight different in the patch between the two
GodSquirrel

Postby Karlsweldt » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:30 am

Those Wii wireless controllers use the same frequency as cell phones and other remote-control devices! A cordless mouse or keyboard may also use the same frequency. But they all have to comply with emission restrictions, and acceptance of "possible" interference from other similar devices.
While specific coding methods are used by different types, possible a code byte could get into the data stream of another device.

If the same graphics level and activity as other games, yet the others don't lock up the system, possible there is another program remnant that is not fully erased?
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby GodSquirrel » Sat May 17, 2008 2:48 am

sorry to take so long to update, but it was indeed a firmware problem.. i updated to a new one released within a day or two and it works perfectly now, on both my wii and my mom's..
GodSquirrel

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat May 17, 2008 1:05 pm

Good to hear. All those tiny nitpicking problems never come to light, until the product is in consumer hands.. then some new updates become miracle cures!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby GodSquirrel » Sat May 17, 2008 4:26 pm

yes, unfortunately there are some problems no amount of beta tests will fix
GodSquirrel

Return to Games