frets on fire

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

frets on fire

Postby Ghen » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:02 am

I have the Wii version of Guitar Hero which means it came without surround sound... outputting mono instead.

So recently Activision made a program to replace the disks.. Bad thing is I had to send in mine first and I'll get the remastered disk in 3-4 weeks :(

To satiate my addiction I'm playing an open source alternative on the computer called Frets on Fire. Its really popular and it only takes a bluetooth adapter and a scripting program (to map keys) to get it working with my Wii guitar.

here's the site
http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/

Anyone else seen the game before? Its also heavily moddable to make it look more like a guitar hero game (or rock band, or whatever) while you're playing.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby GodSquirrel » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:30 am

if you look around, there's several sites online where people share custom songs for Frets on Fire.. unfortunately i don't have any guitar controller, so i rarely play since all i have is keyboard
GodSquirrel

Postby cwl157 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:13 pm

yea I've seen it and have played it. The only thing i dont like about it is i dont like on how some of the songs the whole song goes quiet when you miss a note instead of just the guitar and hammer ons are not as easy as on guitar hero but it seems like people use them way too much. Maybe i just got a few bad songs so if you know of a site that has good songs to download for i'd like to know cause it is pretty good. I'd say the part i like the best is obviously the variety of songs available.
cwl157
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Ghen » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Ahh, yeah thats a common problem. Fortunately there's an easy solution, just open the song's folder and copy guitar.ogg , rename it song.ogg and no more silence when you miss, just slightly lower volume.

I got all the guitar hero songs off torrenting its not illegal but I'll leave it up to you to find it anyway.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby cwl157 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:19 pm

yea, ive had some that go slightly lower volume, it just annoys me but its hard to get a copy of just the guitar track for a song and it really is a minor thing and the game as a whole is still a good concept.
cwl157
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby iamwhoiamtoday » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:28 pm

I have it installed on my macbook, so for road trips, I borrow my friends Xbox 360 USB guitar, and wail on it in the back seat. It's a lot of fun... ^_^
People who have gone through Starfleet academy should be taught how to fix everything. Even a Roman aqueduct.
iamwhoiamtoday
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Ghen » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:24 pm

iamwhoiamtoday wrote:I have it installed on my macbook, so for road trips, I borrow my friends Xbox 360 USB guitar, and wail on it in the back seat. It's a lot of fun... ^_^

thats... AWESOME! wow =)
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby GodSquirrel » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:32 pm

google "frets on fire songs" and i'm sure you'll find a few sites... or there's always torrenting... also, i believe that Frets on Fire can actually rip songs from the original Guitar Hero games, so look into that
GodSquirrel

Return to Games