FEAR Perseus Mandate

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

FEAR Perseus Mandate

Postby iamwhoiamtoday » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:36 pm

Has anyone checked out this game? it's basically another FEAR game, standalone, based at the same time as the first game.

You are a member of a secondary F.E.A.R. team that is brought in to find more information regarding the secret project at Armacham. Expect the intensity of battle to continue in the second expanion pack to the critically acclaimed first person shooter, F.E.A.R.

I have played about 20 minutes of the game, and I haven't really liked it to far... naturally, I am going to beat the game, but it just doesn't seem to be very good so far.
People who have gone through Starfleet academy should be taught how to fix everything. Even a Roman aqueduct.
iamwhoiamtoday
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Sabrewings » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:14 pm

I heard it kinda sucked. Pretty bland compared to the first. I also heard they don't explain why your new character has slow-mo capabilities. ExPoint was pretty cool, I thought, but I want to know what happens... :?

Project Origin is in the works. It's about a SFOD-D guy who gets "modified" and has similar abilities to the original guy from the first two games. But, that also means that Alma won't be so nice to you anymore. I'd rather still be playing the original character.

I'm opting out of Perseus Mandate completely. It doesn't really advance the story any. Plus, like ExPoint (which could've been imroved much), Perseus Mandate isn't done by Monolith (original FEAR creators) while Project Origin is. Check out the trailer online.
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby cwl157 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:27 am

yea the FEAR series is pretty much dead in my opinion. I will check out project origin though, but as for FEAR add ons, i think they've killed the series.
cwl157
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby snakebite66 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:41 am

Have played FEAR...I thought the graphics for the time and the atmosphere were second to none....however and a big however it was too much of the same old thing...they should have varied the locations and the terrain much more...I got fed up of sneaking around warehouses and offices....

Played the first add on but got bored and ditched it

The new add on from what I have read is the same old same old....
"Take counsel in wine, but resolve afterwards in water."
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
snakebite66
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Return to Games