Call Of Duty 4 demo Sys Req

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Mr T » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:53 pm

Smurfcorpse wrote:Nvidia GeForce 7800 GS (integrated RAMDAC 256 MB) and an Athlon XP 3200+ with 1 Gig of Ram.
When I try to run the demo it starts fine I can watch all the starting cinematics. When I get to the screen to create a player, I get a memory error. (Instruction could not be read from memory address blah blah blah)

I have Ghost Recon Advanced War fighter and that runs great.
Update windows, update DX9, update video and sound drivers.... It should run fine on that setup....
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby snakebite66 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:39 am

Smurfcorpse wrote:The Sys requirements call for a Dual core CPU.

Any one running this on a single core CPU???
PDT_Armataz_01_01

A friend of mine is running it on AMD64 3200+ (single core) no problems whatsoever....You DO need however the latest DX9 and the latest drivers for your card....

A clean an efficient running machine with minimal programmes running in the background, no spyware or viruses lurking, will also help(not saying you have spyware or viruses, just do a complete check)

RockyAMD wrote:Yes, I sent call of duty 4 down to my dad in Georgia. He has a Athlon XP 2500+ and he played the game just fine. I'm not sure how the graphics looked but all he told me was it played good for him.

Can well believe that...there is a lot of hype about needing ulta powerful CPUs to run games

What you do need is a Video card that can handle it and decent memory and enough of it

Smurfcorpse wrote:Is it an Intel CPU or a AMD CPU. I've got a feeling if I had an Intel Processor It would run.
OH well, maybe next Christmas :crybaby:

No the case at all....CPU power is very rarely the bottleneck these days...

However some dual core AMD CPUs do cause problems running games but this is due to how the cores run...you can download the Dual Core optimiser and that sorts out the problems...

I tried to get an old game called 'Devastation' to run on my AMD 64 X2 processor setup...would not have it until I installed the AMD dual Core Optimiser..runs fine now....
"Take counsel in wine, but resolve afterwards in water."
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
snakebite66
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Previous

Return to Games