Playing Half Life Again

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Playing Half Life Again

Postby snakebite66 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:57 pm

Decide to download the HL source...

The misson I am undertaking is to play all the Half Life titles...starting HL (playing now) Opposing Force, Blue Shift, HL2 and the 2 episodes.....may skip the HL1 add ons for fear of playing till next Christmas....

Oh well it gives me time to wait while I recover from Christmas and save up for a DX10 card...any maybe a 22" wide screen monitor...

Not many changes with the source, but it oes have subtle changes in the format and textures....so far still enjoying it 8)
"Take counsel in wine, but resolve afterwards in water."
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
snakebite66
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby The Dom » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:13 pm

Don't forget condition zero and condition zero deleated scenes. :D
Dell xps 410, Vista, 4 gig mem,8800gtx, e6600
68 year old gamer enjoying life

Never have children, only grandchildren. ~Gore Vidal
The Dom
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:44 am

The original Half-Life series was good. No awe-inspiring graphics, but very good otherwise. I got the "Platinum Pack" with five CDs, which included all the major episodes. In the multi-player listing, there was one stand-alone venue that also was quite good.. I believe it was called "Restitution". Had several scenes, one in a carnival, another in a freight yard. And, of course, in Zen.

What with cold weather and no inclination to be outdoors, I am revisiting my gaming world.. both old and new.
Rediscovered a lot of older Doom mods and Quake mods!
TGFSM that I maintain an older setup that has pure command-prompt mode for those!
If you enjoyed the Duke Nukem' 3D series, there was an episode called "Duke in Caribbean" which was also good. No real ammo, instead water 'pistols' and 'super soakers' were used. And genuine 'pineapples' and 'coconut launchers'! Plus babes in bikinis!!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Games