For GH3 use only

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

For GH3 use only

Postby ThEvil0nE » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:58 pm

kids (7 & 10 yrs old girls) have an xbox but are aching to get their hands on guitar hero 3 so... what's the smartest move here?

note: they only want GH3

1. upgrade to 360
2. get a wii
3. get a ps2 (has to be silver if going this route)
4. tell them to go to bed

:idea:

thanx
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Falklian » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:47 pm

Well, the Wii and the PS2 versions have a few differences between the 360 and the PS3 version.

Mainly, the Wii and PS2 version have different unlockable characters and also, a friend of mine has the PS2 version and says there are a couple songs missing from it that are on the 360 and PS3 version. I would assume it would be the same on the Wii, since it seems to match the PS2 version.

Also, the PS2 version is the only version without downloadable content. From what I hear, the Wii version will have downloadable songs, but I don't think they have any quite yet.

The only reason I bought a PS2 was for Guitar Hero 1 and 2. I actually just traded in both those games as well as my PS2 so I could get Rock Band for the 360 ;)

Cheapest route would be a PS2 with GH3. Rock Band is also coming to the PS2, although not until December (don't know if they're interested in that game, but it's being created by the same team that made GH 1 and 2. As far as I know, it won't be coming to the Wii, at least that's what I've been hearing.)
Falklian
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby ThEvil0nE » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:52 pm

dang ps2 without downloadables sux :(

does it cost anything to download if in 360?
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Falklian » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:05 pm

All downloadables across all systems cost.

You get three songs for $6.25 (I think). Right now, they have a Velvet Revolver song pack and a Foo Fighters song pack. They'll also be releasing the boss battles for play (they're only playable in the career mode.) for free last I heard.

I haven't heard anything about any other song packs, but if you get a 360 and they get interested in Rock Band, they've already released a list of downloadable content that is somewhat cheaper than the GH3 content. They will be releasing an entire The Who album, an unknown Metallica album, some Sabbath songs, and quite a number of others.

GH3 Content : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_so ... ds_of_Rock

Rock Band content : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_so ... le_content
Falklian
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby ThEvil0nE » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:03 pm

I guess 360 is going to be the route I'll take... plus I'm surprised that that both my kids still have their $50 toysrus gift card intact they got from their bday two months ago. I've never seen my two girls got this psyched up into getting their hands on gh3 that they saved both their gift card... the first time this happened... I hope they'll stay that way :lol:
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby DAVE1 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:52 pm

Get the 360, then you can use it too :lol:
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:11 pm

Ugh yet more GH3... If you get any of them for GH3 get the 360. At least it has decent games. My friends getting a 360 for 2 games, Assassins Creed, and Dead Rising. We both agree on the ideas that GH3 and Halo 3 are the most overhyped games for the year. Anyways I don't want to venture off topic. But if you are going for any of them I would go for the 360. Right now I have a wii and a ps2 (3-4 years ago). The PS2 is way outdated and will probably loose any sort of manufacturing within 1-2 years. The wii has nothing worth playing right now although SSBB is coming out sometime in the future and your youngsters may find it fun. Either way if it's for you and your children I would say Halo 3 but if it is just for them and they arn't Hard Core gamers I would be willing to say the wii just because of the younger age targeted games. That and the wii is by far and away the most inovative of all the consoles right now.
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Postby Ghen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:04 am

GH3 wasn't hyped nearly as much as Halo 3, seriously now.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Return to Games