The Mother Board

Motherboards.org forums. Free tech support, motherboard ID, and more.
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:26 am 
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Real quick for your crash to desktop...are you running Xfire? If so, exit Xfire and your crashes will stop. For some reason Xfire will cause that crash...I get the same thing. I'm not sure what is up with your sound, cause I have no issues, but I don't have an X-fi card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:52 am 
Black Belt
Black Belt

yea, the xfire thing. I thought that might have been it because the crysis demo crashed on me, also because of xfire i believe. As for the sound, i think i just need to find a day i have nothing else to do and just sit down and look at closely and figure it out. Thanks for all the advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:52 pm 
Black Belt
Black Belt

ok so i upgraded my processor when this started. My computer wasn't recognizing the processor model either until i did a bios update. So i did and it went fine and now the processor is recognized correctly. However, now i have no sound, in any game or while playing any music or anything. Could the fact that the processor was not recognized have something to do with it? I also have an unknown device in device manager, Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus. Could all of this be related to my sound problems?

EDIT: After some testing with Call of Duty 4 and a few other things, i think that was the problem because now the sound is working wonderfully. I think i need to use it some more just to be 100% sure but so far so good.