guitar Hero III?

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

guitar Hero III?

Postby cwl157 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:15 am

I don't know if anyone here plays this, but i am one thats obsessed and here is why I'm kind of mad right now. The first downloadable songs were released and not for the wii version. From what i've seen the wii version seems to be the most popular, selling out of all the stores, while the 360 and PS3 versions are all still in stock. So why do they make the downloadable songs only for the PS3 and xbox 360 versions? The Wii does have an online store that these songs could be distributed from. Why do those consoles get so much more attention by everyone when the wii is the most popular?

And thats my rant for today... Any thoughts?
cwl157
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby hunter1801 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:47 am

Do you have any facts that list the Wii as the top seller? Im not saying it isnt true, Im just curious. Remember that this is the first time GH has come to the Wii, so the game only sells as a full package right now. The 360 and PS versions can still be played with old GH gear, so we mostly (GameStop) sell just the game.
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby DAVE1 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:32 pm

Is GH3 even worth it. I know people that have 2 and I don't really see the difference besides new songs. Anything new?
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Snowfire » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:56 pm

DAVE1 wrote:Is GH3 even worth it. I know people that have 2 and I don't really see the difference besides new songs. Anything new?

Online play. That seems to be the huge draw right now.

I like how you can go to the "Xbox Live" section of the game, get a VIP link specifically for your profile, take it to www.guitarhero.com , create an account, pop in that VIP link and it'll track your stats online as well.
Tono Sien

Love is the greatest conspiracy, by the most loving genius.
Snowfire
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby The Pizza Boy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:15 pm

Me and my gf are thinking about buying the Wii version. Does it have any kind of motion sensing technology similar to the Wiimote?
The Pizza Boy
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby hunter1801 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:43 am

Not any more than the other systems.
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:02 pm

Guitar Hero seems to me to be explained pretty well by the South Park episode that was about GH. People who can't really play the guitar and want a rip off of DDR without any excersize. It in my opinion is an overhyped and overated game. I personally walked away from a conversation just because Guitar Hero was brought up. Another thing that gets to me with the group talking about it is how they bash on games like WoW(World of Warcraft) and try to explain how games like Guitar Hero or Halo 3(yet another overhyped and overated game) are any good. Anyways I guess I'm done with my rant until someone tries to explain in some way that GH or Halo 3 are in any way decent.
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Postby cwl157 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:00 pm

o halo 3 sucks, ill agree with you there. And i have no problem with World of Warcraft either. To tell you the truth, i didnt think guitar hero was that great even the first few times i played it. Then my friend bought it and that was it we were off. I did see that south park and yea, not to that extreme but for a few months me and my friend were like that episode. Its just a really fun social game, not to mention destroying your friends in it is a lot of fun.

EDIT: I am horrible at DDR but guitar hero is so much better mainly cause the music is so much better then that garbage in DDR.
cwl157
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:47 am

cwl157 wrote:o halo 3 sucks, ill agree with you there. And i have no problem with World of Warcraft either. To tell you the truth, i didnt think guitar hero was that great even the first few times i played it. Then my friend bought it and that was it we were off. I did see that south park and yea, not to that extreme but for a few months me and my friend were like that episode. Its just a really fun social game, not to mention destroying your friends in it is a lot of fun.

EDIT: I am horrible at DDR but guitar hero is so much better mainly cause the music is so much better then that garbage in DDR.

I don't care for the music in Guitar Hero 1, 2, and 3. I never really cared about ddr but at least it gave those who used it some excersize. Guitar hero will quickly die off. I rather destroy my friends in a decent game. Maybe an FPS. Of course I much rather destroy with my friends. The only reason I have been playing wow is because it is the only thing out right now. I could never get extreme into a console game. The closest thing I could get into was Goldeneye back in the day. Heck even my dad played that one.
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Postby Ghen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:03 am

Ge FOrce 543 wrote:I don't care for the music in Guitar Hero 1, 2, and 3. .

The truth comes out! Of course you aren't going to like a music game if you don't like the music in it :P
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Next

Return to Games