Who wants a copy of HL2 and/or HL2 Ep 1?

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby biguglyman » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Has anyone else noticed that the "gift" is a "trial" version and has no way to utilize the on-line portions of the game i.e. HL2 deathmatch?
"A veteran... is someone who... wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount “up to and including my life”. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." - Unknown
biguglyman
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby iamwhoiamtoday » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:09 pm

biguglyman wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the "gift" is a "trial" version and has no way to utilize the on-line portions of the game i.e. HL2 deathmatch?

HL2 Deathmatch isn't included with Half Life 2 unless you buy the boxed version. Basically, HL2 Deathmatch isn't included at all in the Orange Box, so there is no way to gift it. The only two games that can be gifted are Just the single player Half Life 2 and Half Life 2 episode 1. If you want to play HL2 Deathmatch, you have to buy it.
People who have gone through Starfleet academy should be taught how to fix everything. Even a Roman aqueduct.
iamwhoiamtoday
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby biguglyman » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:44 pm

Well THAT sux. I bought the retail box of HL2 so I guess that's where I got DM from. I've been getting everything else through Steam. Why do they call it a "trial" version? It should be the complete game.
"A veteran... is someone who... wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount “up to and including my life”. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." - Unknown
biguglyman
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Previous

Return to Games