The Orange Box

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby YouGiveMeRash!!! » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:25 pm

Who else is going to start with/replay HL2 and work their way up by playing Ep. 1, Portal, then Ep. 2?
Main rig: 1/2" ID Water Cooled Lian-Li V2000B, Abit IP35 Pro, Intel C2D E6750@ -3.4ghz 1.3375v, Mushkin 2gb DDR2-800 996576, one terabyte storage, evga 7900GS KO w/ Zalman VF700-AlCu cooler, Swiftech Apogee GT water block, Ultra X2 550w PSU
Laptop: Asus Z70VA, Pentium M 725 1.6@ -2.13ghz (pinmod), ATI X700 Pro, 1680x1050 native res., bluetooth, the works...
YouGiveMeRash!!!
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby iamwhoiamtoday » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:01 pm

YouGiveMeRash!!! wrote:Who else is going to start with/replay HL2 and work their way up by playing Ep. 1, Portal, then Ep. 2?

That's what I was doing all day yesterday... I stayed up all Friday night playing HL2, and I beat HL2 Episode 1 last night.... (geez, I need to get a life)
People who have gone through Starfleet academy should be taught how to fix everything. Even a Roman aqueduct.
iamwhoiamtoday
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:44 pm

iamwhoiamtoday wrote:
YouGiveMeRash!!! wrote:Who else is going to start with/replay HL2 and work their way up by playing Ep. 1, Portal, then Ep. 2?

That's what I was doing all day yesterday... I stayed up all Friday night playing HL2, and I beat HL2 Episode 1 last night.... (geez, I need to get a life)

Good storyline to them games. I am not going to do it yet. After the upcomming summer I plan on forking out for a new rig so then I can play the game and get something great out of that. But If I were to play Exp2 I would go through it all again. Good job on beating it all by the way.
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Re: The Orange Box

Postby myosin » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:49 pm

iamwhoiamtoday wrote:The Orange Box started Pre-Selling today on Steam, for $45. That $45 includes Half Life 2, Half Life 2 episode 1, Half Life 2 episode 2, Portals, and Team Fortress 2. With any luck, the multi-threaded Source engine used in Half Life 2 Episode 2 will carry on over to all of the older Source-based games.

I naturally bought it, and now I can't wait for the 10th of Next Month.

NEWBIE question. But looking at Orange Box online and I don't see where it is for Vista only Windows XP / 98 / 2000 ???

What gives??
myosin
Initiate
Initiate

Re: The Orange Box

Postby Falklian » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:13 pm

myosin wrote:NEWBIE question. But looking at Orange Box online and I don't see where it is for Vista only Windows XP / 98 / 2000 ???

What gives??

Works fine under Vista. Played HL2, Ep 1, and TF2 on Vista, no issues. Would assume Portal and Ep 2 will run fine as well.
Falklian
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Falklian » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:52 pm

Well, beat Portal after only a few hours. Really good game, even if short. I enjoyed it immensely. TF2 is just plain fun. Didn't really play TFC or any other incarnations of TF much.

I haven't played Ep 2 yet 'cause I'm trying to beat Ep 1, which is proving to be quite difficult. I'm having crashing issues with the game that is quite annoying :( Doesn't seem to effect other Source games, so I'm not sure what's up.

If anyone wants to add my to their Steam friends list, feel free, you'll have to look me up by email address: falklian@hotmail.com ;)
Falklian
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby hunter1801 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:51 pm

Half life 2: Beat it last week

Ep1 and 2: haven't touched them yet

TF2: Been playing it all day. Really fun, but I NEED A MANUAL lol.

Portal: Not too impressed by the graphics. I thought it was going to be a lot better. Wierd/annoying computer voice talks to you all the time. Despite the negatives, it is a really cool puzzle game. Haven't beaten it yet, but already disappointed that its too short.
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby snakebite66 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:28 am

Think I will do that...not been able to find games that I really enjoy for a long time...MAy even start with HL1 and work my way right through 8)

On Steam howeverI have changed my mind...used to hate it...that was when we had connection problems...

Unlike a poitician I have shifted my thinking, I think it is best to get the hard copy of a given game, but once loaded Steam is a great idea
"Take counsel in wine, but resolve afterwards in water."
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
snakebite66
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby biguglyman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:45 am

I'm in the midst of ep2 and I'm stunned. Don't want to post a spoiler but the $h17 gets deep in a hurry. God, I love this game. It's basically all I play. HL, HL2, and a few of the mods (dod, tf, cs, etc.) I did run into one issue. I already own HL2 and HL2 ep1 so I "gifted" them to a friend. He says the e-mail he got with the download links says they are only trial versions and the online aspects are unavailable. I've e-mailed steam about this issue but have yet to get an answer. If true, that really sucks. I thought I was paying for full versions of ALL the games in the orange box... :?
"A veteran... is someone who... wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount “up to and including my life”. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." - Unknown
biguglyman
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby GodSquirrel » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:24 am

am i the only one who got this on 360 rather than PC? either way, orange box has been a ton of fun, great value for the price, so many great games on one disc
GodSquirrel

PreviousNext

Return to Games