Cheap Stable Board for P4 2.8 533FSB at least 3 PCI

Not sure what to buy? Ask here for some free advice.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

ukarki
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Cheap Stable Board for P4 2.8 533FSB at least 3 PCI

Post by ukarki »

Hey everyone,
I got a p4s533-x board from partspc.com and it did not work because I always got the IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL blue screen on Windows 2000, even on installation. I took out all my PCI card and also replaced the memor but still did not work. I disabled the network card and the sound card onboard but no luck. I am returning it back to them. Does anyone has a suggestion for a better motherboard that is stable and cheap?

Thanks in advance.
ukarki
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Post by ukarki »

By the way I put my old Asus CUV4X-E back and it works fine, no crash nothing. Super stable. I think the MB was bad or something. or can it be the processor?
~Rob
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Post by ~Rob »

When you changed the memory did you swap it for the same thing??

It's probably best to change memory manufacturer completely to Cosair or Crucial
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/RobPope/sigmove.gif[/img]
[b]Jocuri cu impuscaturi[/b] si alte genuri, pentru toate varstele doar pe [url=http://smarturl.it/jocuri]acest link[/url] - distractie si amuzament garantat!
ukarki
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Post by ukarki »

I changed the memory. I had pc 133 from crucial one is 512MB and another one is 256. So i took one of them and tried and it did not work. and I place d the other one and took the on that was there. Still did not work. I got a memory from a friend of mine and it did not work either. I tried different slots on the MB still did not work.
o1die2
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Post by o1die2 »

I'm using an msi 655max with sis 655 chipset. It's available at 3 pricewatch venders for $47 shipped. It's a great board, but won't run the new "c" series p4's.
inteljunky
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post by inteljunky »

the asus p4800 series is good i hear