laptop Screen

Not sure what to buy? Ask here for some free advice.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

laptop Screen

Post by c327 »

About 4 or 5 years ago I bought another Sager laptop (Clevo) for home computer use (no gaming). The computer at the time was built for performance and it performs very well and still does. At the time it was new I had a problem with the screen and sent the pc back. They put on an IPS LED matt screen which looks great but I would rather have had a glossy screen which I could not get at the time.

My question is now 5 years later is there a better type screen available than what I now have? I do believe the TN type screen is better for angle viewing but that is not an issue with my use of this laptop, the pc stays in the same position all the time. My concern is the best robust and brightest display and would prefer a glossy screen if I could get it. I probably would not change the screen that is on it now but would consider something newer even though this i7 SSD pc is running fine.

Thanks
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Re: laptop Screen

Post by evasive »

I am slightly confused on the actual question.

You are looking for a new laptop with a glossy screen? Is that general-purpose or as a replacement for the Sager/Clevo?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
AJ23ZX
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Post by AJ23ZX »

We would need to know the model and configuration of the unit to help you further with this.
Kind Regards,
AJ23ZX
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Post by c327 »

evasive wrote:I am slightly confused on the actual question.

You are looking for a new laptop with a glossy screen? Is that general-purpose or as a replacement for the Sager/Clevo?
Was wondering what the best performance type screen there is today for a laptop? Also liked the glossy screen seems more robust with the colors?
Derry22
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Post by Derry22 »

Have you tried contacting Sager for the spec details of your screen and their recommendations for replacement glossy one?