sothink free movie dvd maker replacement??

Not sure what to buy? Ask here for some free advice.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

sothink free movie dvd maker replacement??

Postby BIGMAN131307 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:29 pm

For the past 2-3 yrs I've been using Sothink Free Movie DVD Maker to convert my video files to DVDs.

It took a few tries to get the settings right to burn playable DVDs. But once I got it down, it became second nature.
But I was using WinXP during that time.

I was hoping to continue using the problem when I switched over to Win10. I needed to upgrade to another version of
Sothink Free Movie DVD Maker. I've tried it a couple times already with poor results. :( Both times ending in Disc Error.
The Win10 version is missing settings options that the WinXP had. Or the very least I can't find them. :(
I've tried Sothink Free Movie DVD Maker site without luck. I see some settings listed, but I can't find how to access them
in the program.

Has anyone here used, or is using Sothink Free Movie DVD Maker Win10 version? Can you give me a Win10 to WinXP comparison
on how to set it up to burn MP4, AVI files to DVDs playable on DVD players.

I am also interested in other possible Free MP4, AVI files to DVD software.
BIGMAN131307
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Re: sothink free movie dvd maker replacement??

Postby Mr T » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:24 am

I broke, and ended up buying NERO, as much for the blu ray as the video editing suite. Saw it at COSTCO and ended up with 3 licences for £40 (bargain).. Couldn't find free stuuf that either did it simply , or didn't leave a watermark!
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Return to Recommendations