Replacement for Asus P5p800 se

Not sure what to buy? Ask here for some free advice.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: Replacement for Asus P5p800 se

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:20 pm

Rarely would loss of magnetic properties cause a bad sector on a hard drive platter. The primary cause is the thin magnetic coating starting to peel, either due to dirty surface during manufacture, or heat stress crackling the coating. Sometimes, the heads impact the disk, due to a physical shock while operating.
Bad sectors are masked or hidden, so as not to be used. One bad sector can cause an adjacent one to fail, much like peeling paint on a wall.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby azus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Here I want to return to my initial board: p5p800 se. I Found such image of it:
http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthr ... p800se-plz
As I probably written, my board undergoned the repair and some components was replaced, especially
in the area Vdroop and voltage supply of CPU.
So I have noted the differences at least in 2 places -- look at outlines with arrows on images --
in my board they are exactly replaced in 2 places by this void area by adjacent components, when the components themselves replaced by empty plates.
Should it mean that the master incorrectly resoldered the components and they began worked incorrectly, or in this 2 cases the positions beetwen this 2 adjacent places do not mean a lot?
Attachments
se1.JPG
se1.JPG (149.45 KiB) Viewed 733 times
1se1.JPG
1se1.JPG (186.67 KiB) Viewed 733 times
azus
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:38 am

One motherboard design may be the platform for several models. Some 'empty' spaces would be for specific features on some models, but not on all. Same too with a revision to a newer level, same basic board design but different components. Even a warranty repair may effect physical component changes.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:52 pm

From what I am seeing there in this case it does not mean anything because they are in parallel. That means that each of the connection points has a direct link to the same connection point for the transistor in the other position.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby azus » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:57 am

Here I want ask how add second ide drive for install win7 - to the current 80 gb ide hd with win xp. From the internet I have known that to load and select OS from bios I need to disconnect win xp HD and connect second hd and install win7. Indeed there is such option, seems to be, as to leave win xp hd connected and connect second hd and install win7 there. Meanwhile it seems that it could lead to crash of first or second hd, despite it allow create boot loader for second hd OS on first older one? What options are risk-averse? Can I have access to 2 hd when using just 1 of 2 OSs? I need partially to back up first hd files on second one? Can I use sata hd as second hd - should such two hd with 2 OS compatible and interaccessible? I should note that current hd has several bad sectors and tvs replacement.
azus
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:40 am

installing two OS versions must be done only by the older OS first, then the newer. Can be done on same drive, but also on separate drives.
When the newer OS version is installed, it may alter certain files that the older OS has need of.. such as Windows Explorer and file manager.
If a secondary drive is used for the newer OS, then some files would be installed on the primary drive. The newer OS install would create a start up choice menu as to which OS version is wanted, the newer version being default.
Best to have both drives connected when installing a newer OS, so it can automatically detect older programs and features, and incorporate into its 'start' menu.
A lot of programs and games from Win XP version are not compatible with Win 7 or newer OS.
If the newer OS is set as a 64-bit platform, it can still utilize the 32-bit programming with few problems. But a 32-bit OS will have many problems with a 64-bit program.
If a hard drive starts showing bad sectors, then it is time for replacement before the drive might become totally inaccessible.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby azus » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:18 pm

I have understood earlier that some risks when current drive is connected when installing new os on extra hd. So I decided to disconnect if to install on secondary slave ide hd. Yet I bought stock samsung 80 gb 0822n (current one 0812n), that probably have win7 installed so maybe I would not install new os.
azus
Initiate
Initiate

Postby azus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:28 am

Why it is better two left first hd to leave connected? Why it is bad to leave disconnected? What are the risks to made such disk unbootable after such manipulation and what recovery it could need? It seems to happen in such cases?
azus
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:55 am

Any time you try to use an OS install on a different system, the anti-piracy feature can cause the OS to self-destruct or go "belly up".
In simple terms "One OS program, one system, one install." Mandated that the drive be cleared of any existing partitions, new created, and your purchased OS be installed.
As to having two OS versions on one system, read my previous post again. The install of a newer OS on a system will automatically link compatible features and programs into its setup. Much easier than doing so manually! Plus, the new OS install will create a boot choice of either OS version.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby azus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Should new hd on slave IDE port destroy my current primary IDE partition and win xp OS? When I try to install Win7 on second or even just to connect with maybe preinstalled -- I did not tried it for last day when I purchased on stock market. Whether new win7 would be destroyed that should be too far less harm? Indeed I do not understand how it could create some boot components on disconnected disk? Although -- just when first boot after reconnect? What features could be transferred if two system should be separateee?
azus
Initiate
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Recommendations