Replacement for Asus P5p800 se

Not sure what to buy? Ask here for some free advice.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: Replacement for Asus P5p800 se

Postby azus » Sun May 07, 2017 11:50 am

So simple question relating my new stock hd. Is it normal when it has temperature 46¤c, when I use old hd with several degree lower? How long it could withstand when I try use it as the basis for new windows7?
azus
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Mon May 08, 2017 5:55 am

Best way to know what the limits are for temperature or other environmental issues with a hard drive is to check the manufacturer's web site for device specs.
A hard drive with a spindle speed of 10,000 RPM will give off more waste heat than an identical drive with only 5600 RPM! Solid-state hard drives have no motor to waste power, only the memory structure consumes power.. with little waste heat.
With any device that consumes power, there will be waste heat.. some devices more than others. A typical filament light bulb may waste more than 75% of its power draw as waste heat. An LED light bulb may produce waste heat of about 25% of its power draw. Some electrical motors may have an efficiency of more than 60%. The most efficient are the servo-controlled type.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby azus » Fri May 19, 2017 8:10 am

Yet I tried to install realtek audio driver on Windows7. But in vain. When I restart the pc no audio driver is among hardware and I cannot play any audiofiles. I have used several versions of realtek drivers. What other options I can use?
azus
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat May 20, 2017 6:36 am

There is a page in the BIOS that refers to enabling or disabling features. Ensure the audio feature is enabled.
Motherboard device drivers are specific to the brand, model and OS version. The driver disk that came with the motherboard should have all drivers for more than one OS version. Sometimes, a driver for an older OS version will work with a newer OS version. The site of the motherboard provider should have authentic drivers for all features, within maybe 5 years of the model being first offered. That is the safest place to get authentic drivers. Other sites may taint the data with malware.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby azus » Sat May 27, 2017 9:03 am

I Have the same bios for already two hd's, and windows7 and windows xp OS on it. So what I can do? Indeed I also would not use recovery from installation disk. The same situation is probably with 3g-modem driver that probably is not installed correctly as I cannot connect with it to simple edge connection that I could do with the same modem on windows xp (modem support there 2 OS). But Why different versions of realtek audio driver is installed but not revealed after restart?
azus
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun May 28, 2017 8:56 am

A modem may be mistaken for an audio feature. The driver set that came with it should be sufficient to set the device properly with the OS. For audio driver differences, could be that the audio feature is only 2-channel or 4-channel, or 5.1/7.1 design. The proper driver depends on the model # of the chipset. The OS can check for the proper model # and driver match by using the Control Panel/System feature, then Device Management. Right-click on the panel, choose 'check for new devices (or system changes) or so worded. Then provide the driver set.
Drivers for features are not always the same for different OS versions!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby azus » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:15 pm

I got enough serious issue with my windows xp on primary hd. Indeed it seems showed me that I can switch between 2 hds with TAB without bios support, at least I have done it once today. But about my issue. After I returned from my secondary hd windows 7 and switched back with bios to my old windows xp I got boot hanging permanently at welcome screen?? After reload I got system check every time? The last succesful config did not helped, system restore is disabled, but I got to safe mode. There I was not able to connect with my 3g modem that I needed. In the same way -- I cannot use sfc/scannow as rpc server is disabled and impossible to launch, as it is impossible to use administrator account. User.exe is present and among events I cannot see the reason of hanging as it took place several times. So what should I do to resolve this hanging welcome screen? If use xp cd -- how can I use recovery cd or windows xp sp3 as my original installation was of sp2 just changed in registry for sp3.
azus
Initiate
Initiate

Postby azus » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:24 pm

So I Understand that I need reinstall or repair windows xp on old primary hd? Now I am using the second stock hd but it have some faults. For example, as there is heat weather, the temperature for this newly purchased hd raised in the last days for 52-53 ¤ celcius that should be extremely high and and as a rule for 5-6 ¤ higher than on old hd. Moreover 2 or 3 days ago I have noted by hd tune 1 pending sector on second "hot" hd that was clear beforehand. Then I wanted to check this hd by sectors and hd tune has hanged with all windows 7 system after checking about several percents of hd space every time. As result there happened 2 pending sectors but from yesterday it diminished to 1 sending sector. So should it be very bad with high temperature, hanging the os when checking the hd(surface)?
azus
Initiate
Initiate

Postby azus » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:32 am

It is fine that after I did not tried to launch windows xp with hanging welcome screen it has disappeared in a while when I used my pc on another hd with another windows xp instance. It is very seldom that just after a month some technical or programmable issue disappeared by itself.
azus
Initiate
Initiate

Previous

Return to Recommendations