ASRock H81M-HDS vs ECS H81H3-M4

Not sure what to buy? Ask here for some free advice.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: ASRock H81M-HDS vs ECS H81H3-M4

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:32 am

Some brands, such as Antec, Enermax, OCZ or Zalman are rated as being good values.
Check this link as to ratings for a lot of brands, and their quality.. http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t266826.html
It is better to have a PSU with more wattage than needed. It will never "push" more power to the system, only deliver what is needed. And have better stability and longer life.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby empirefantasy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Karlsweldt wrote:Some brands, such as Antec, Enermax, OCZ or Zalman are rated as being good values.
Check this link as to ratings for a lot of brands, and their quality.. http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t266826.html
It is better to have a PSU with more wattage than needed. It will never "push" more power to the system, only deliver what is needed. And have better stability and longer life.

Thx for advice. I have been looking all these days and I actually have only HKC v-power 450/550/650 available to buy, or some here but they are expensive http://pcstore.com.al/index.php?dispatc ... ory_id=270
Or I may buy for about 53Euro an antec ea380/480 from amazon, which still is a few expensive (about 65$).

There are not other PSU available here and those from ebay have some huge cost for shipping.

So are good enough HKC v powers?
empirefantasy
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:09 pm

From a brief search, HKC does not get 5 stars for quality. The efficiency is down under 80%, which means more waste heat given off. And possible shorter life.
The eMachine brand was notorious for poor quality PSU types. When they failed, usually took the motherboard out too.
I would go with a quality brand. Albeit more expensive, should have a longer service life.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:13 pm

HKC... ummm no:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ ... ect-power/

I can't find a reputable review of them and I think that posting makes clear why.

Are you sure you have no other options? Just one brand? What area are you living in? These days I would expect shipping not being that high to anywhere. Not trying to make fun of you, I am trying to find an alternative to make it possible to buy a decent power supply. HKC is not, that's why. If you don't have a budget now, please save some more money first and buy a decent or even good power supply. If you are still planning on building a computer for long term use that is.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby empirefantasy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:10 am

Well i live in Albania.
I will still be looking for other options (when i went into a shop there were another brand from HKC but didnt noticed that clearly, "coolermaster" was written on the box and it was more expensive and powerful (like 650W if im not wrong). In some other shop they were some "tree power" PSU and they were also 650W. Today im gonna look for more options hoping to find something.
empirefantasy
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby empirefantasy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:44 am

Yea i just checked some other places and the result is just some bad brands: winstar 500W (model name WS-ATX-500W); Smart; I-Rock; Hipro; Fujitsu Siemens Hp; Dell.

And i went to the shop I linked ("PC Store") and there were almost the same things advertised online, there were an coolermaster B500 (not only the 600 version and B500 was 10euro chipper than B600).
empirefantasy
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:15 am

Jun Fu and CapXcon capacitors in the Coolermaster B series. Not an option.

Right, Albania it is then. Let's see if they ship anything decent there without charging a premium....
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Recommendations