Socket 1155 Gaming motherboard?

Not sure what to buy? Ask here for some free advice.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Socket 1155 Gaming motherboard?

Postby carazide » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:36 am

Hey guys!

So i'm putting a new rig together, and i've decided to go with the
Intel Core i5 3570K, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155 Processor!

(My decision for that where that it seems to be the optimal processor for gaming, at the very top of the threshold before we see a lot of diminishing returns. Also it seems the i5's are more gaming oriented (atleast today) compared to the i7's.)

Now i need a motherboard to put it in, and what better place to ask than here!

I'm looking for a motherboard with as few non gaming oriented features as possible, and thus cutting the price down to a minimum compared to what i intend to use the computer for. (that would be gaming)

I thought i had found a good motherboard when i first read about the
ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe LGA 1155, but after a bit more reading, i'm not 100% sure anymore.

It's in my price range, but i'm worried that it's not gaming oriented enough.

Is there some other motherboard out there that would be a better choice than the P8Z77-V Deluxe, or have i found the right one?

(Sure, there might be some board out there that costs double, and is marginally better, but that's not what i'm looking for)

What are my options? There are many boards to choose from, but i hate to admit that i don't really know what i'm looking for in a motherboard.

Help! :)

*Edit*
Found the Asrock z77 oc formula to be a similar board, but slightly better according to one review on the internet.
carazide
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:01 am

Comparison between a few other offerings. In particular the Maximus V looks good, BUT you will need a bigger case to fit it.

http://goo.gl/b0tg9
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Recommendations