Mac vs Windows Laptops

Not sure what to buy? Ask here for some free advice.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Mac vs Windows Laptops

Postby c327 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:52 am

I really have had it with Windows 10. Really liked XP with all its warts. I don't really like all the proprietary things that probably will go with the Apple laptop.

My questions are me going from many years of Windows PC's to say a Apple MAC laptop. What am I to expect moving to a MAC. They aren't cheap either. What will it be like, problems but different? Going to use it as a home use PC. If I go with a MAC I probably will go for one with a little performance.

Thanks............
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Re: Mac vs Windows Laptops

Postby Mr T » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:52 am

Mac OS v Windows 10 is a really different experience. Mac hardware is a lot more expensive and is better in a lot of applications. Moving from windows to Mac OS is like moving from Windows 95 to Windows 10, things appear similar, familiar and unfamiliar, but you just need to relearn the operating system.
If I were you, don't buy a brand new Mac, get a 2nd hand one running an Intel Core2Duo. Mess around with that, if you like it, go down the mac route. If you don't like it, sell it on and avoid Mac, or keep it and install Linux or BSD and mess around with that for fun...
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Return to Recommendations