Outlook freezes

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Outlook freezes

Postby jmm4jmc » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:08 pm

Today when I open outlook (office xp), it freezes right away and I have to use ctrl+ del. I have have done a repair install which was a reinstall and still the same. I have also noticed that my computer (or commands) seems to freeze for a couple of seconds and this happens every 30 seconds on the dot. commands freeze and then about 2 seconds later the hour glass shows and its back to normal. then it happens again 30 seconds later. I don't know if this has to do with outlook freezing.

I have ran avg, spybot, adaware, and hijackthis, which I posted in the spyware forum. I have been fighting this all day, I'm ready to try an clean install of office but I don't want to loose my outlook files and email. I can't even open it to back up the files.

if all else fail I'm going to do an xp repair and reinstall sp2 and updates.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
3.2 @3.4, P4C800E DELUX, 2GB CORSAIR, 74GB RAPTOR, ATI FIREGL, XP PRO W/SP2

2.2 Opteron 175, DFI CFX3200-DR, 4GB CORSAIR, 150GB RAPTOR, ATI X1800XT, XP PRO W/SP2
jmm4jmc
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Operating Systems