windows update?

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

windows update?

Postby sirpaulallen1 » Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:17 pm

I have a question, I have xp pro..umm....well you know, I tried the sp1 download not knowing it would do what it did, then found the link here in this forum to download the sp1 pack and wow..it worked like a charm, my question is, now that I have done that, and even befor I downloaded the sp1 pack from here, I can not use windows update anymore, when I click to download I get the downlaod dialog box to show the status of how much is left but it just stays empty, not downloading? Is it because I tried the sp1 download and failed? Because after that is when I could not use win update anymore? Anyone else have that prob?
MSI K9A2-CF v2
AMD Phenom X4 oc to 3.0
MSI 9400 GT Graphics
Crucial 6gig Mem.
sirpaulallen1
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Hardware Junkie » Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:32 pm

Well I am not sure...
Check to see if it completed and you don't realize it....go to Control Panel --> System and see if it says "XP SP1"

If not then go here:
http://download.com.com/3000-2098-10147920.html
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby sirpaulallen1 » Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:43 pm

I have the sp1 sevice pack, no problem there, I just cant download any updates at the microsoft windows update site? This started after I attempted to download the sevice pack the first time!
MSI K9A2-CF v2
AMD Phenom X4 oc to 3.0
MSI 9400 GT Graphics
Crucial 6gig Mem.
sirpaulallen1
Initiate
Initiate

Postby sirpaulallen1 » Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:45 pm

AAhh hell, never mind, the damn thing is working now..lol...I know what I did wrong, funny how your brain turns to mush and then 2 weeks latter you figure it out and it was so simple..lol...

Thanks none the less
MSI K9A2-CF v2
AMD Phenom X4 oc to 3.0
MSI 9400 GT Graphics
Crucial 6gig Mem.
sirpaulallen1
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Operating Systems