windows me errors

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

windows me errors

Postby J.C.GARCIA » Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:09 am

i'm getting the following error whenever i play music or play games . it is accompanied by a bsod " an error has occured . filename vmcpd(01)+0000061c error:od:0028:c00582c8 . press any key to terminated the application . " i would like to try to resolve the problem as i wouldn't like to format the drive :x
J.C.GARCIA
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Hardware Junkie » Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:28 am

Most likely has something to do with the audio portion of your operating system,...

1. Restart computer into Safemode.

2. In device manager remove all reference to sound drivers under Sound Video and Game Controllers.

3. Open Control Panel double click on add/remove programs, click on the windows setup and uncheck the multimedia box. Close add/removed programs

4. Run regedit and navigate to below key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ MediaResources

Find the keys, and remove them.

aux
midi
mixer
wave

5. Now restart the computer, plug and play should reload the sound drivers.

6. Open Control Panel double click on add/remove programs, click on the windows setup and put a complete check in the multimedia box. Close add/removed programs
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby J.C.GARCIA » Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:25 pm

ok hj , tried it and everything seem ok but back to square one . when i play the mp3's at about the fourth or fifth song it starts to statter and sort of skips parts of the song . and when i went to play the game , grand prix 4 , i couldn't and i ended up on the desktop with the following error " generic application error . enable debug output for detailed information . this sample will now exit . gp4 has caused an error in gp4.exe. gp4 will now close . " i restarted the pc and was able to play the game . but i've being getting other error messages like "explorere has caused an error in ole32.dll " " explorer has caused an error in unknown " " helpctr has caused an error in unknown " " resources are running low norton antivirus may not function properly " etc . i know that maybe i've got to format but i would like to know why this is happening so as not to make the same mistake again ( as you know humans are the only species that trip with the same stone twice ! ) . the last i can remember is that i installed the latest drivers from nvidia ( display ) but as i didnt like the performance i reinstalled the previous one . help needed here
J.C.GARCIA
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Hardware Junkie » Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:31 pm

Looks like your OS is pooched do0d...
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Petey970Z » Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:31 am

:lol: :lol: Go to Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Multimedia > Audio > Sound Playback(Perferred Device should have a White Background) IF NOT click on > Advanced tab > then Performance Tab and move the Sample Rate Conversion Quality one knotch to the right or left and see if that clears it up. Have a G'Day
Petey sends......
Petey970Z
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby spike240 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:21 am

Is your pc newly built? if so I would suspect ram. I am not an expert but similar things happened to me and it turned out to be the memory chip.

Spike
spike240
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby J.C.GARCIA » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:23 am

no , the pc is not newly built . i was thinking about faulty ram modules but windows and the bios detects them . i would like to test them and i was told that sisoftsandra would but when i run the test on them i dont find nothing particularly wrong . is there another program to test ram modules :?:
J.C.GARCIA
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Return to Operating Systems