Help. Windows XP/98 problems!

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Help. Windows XP/98 problems!

Postby StOneDkIlleRCraZeDrAbbi » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:43 am

:evil:

For a while I had installed XP Pro and it ran great. I guess I download too much stuff and I accidently must have downloaded something with some bad viruses. It was called Super Mario 2 or something like that. Anyways, it was messing with my computer. So I tried to reinstall the operating system. I got 98 up (which is what I upgraded to from Windows XP), and it ran fine. Then I attempted to reinstall windows XP. Not being very computer literate, I guess I ended up installing windows XP on my second hard drive and so I have 98 on my first hard drive and XP on my second hard drive. I just want XP on my first hard drive. I don't mind if I have to reformat either. I'm just looking for a solution to clear all the operating systems and just get windows XP on my first hard drive. Any help you could offer would be great!

Thanx! :evil: :twisted: 8O
I am the StOneDkIlleRCrazeDrAbbi! It's time to pray and die!!!
StOneDkIlleRCraZeDrAbbi
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby feto » Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:57 pm

well....
you can disconnect the 2nd hard drive.....and format the first one....with the win xp cd.....
then disconnect the 1rst hdd and format the second one...
that way you dont format the wrong drive.....
is that what you wanted to do??
feto
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby rg560 » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:52 pm

Just use a win 95 or 98 boot disk and run FDISK ( you will loose all data )
and delete all partitions.
Set your machine to boot from CD rom, put the XP cd in, start the machine and follow the instructions.
rg560
Initiate
Initiate

Postby StOneDkIlleRCraZeDrAbbi » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:46 am

Thanks lots. I'll try that out as soon as I get a chance.
I am the StOneDkIlleRCrazeDrAbbi! It's time to pray and die!!!
StOneDkIlleRCraZeDrAbbi
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to Operating Systems