Can't use compressed folder

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Can't use compressed folder

Postby azizmakk » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:52 am

Am using windows xp service pack1 when I click file/new in windows explorer menu I cant find compressed folder, and again when I right click on the desktop and chose sendto I cant find compressed folder also. and when I typed sendto in run and click ok I can see the folder there but when double click to open it the system will ask me to choose a program to run it pls help
Learn to Know
azizmakk
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Tolemac » Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:09 am

You must have turned off the zip/compression utility that comes with XP which I don't believe is possible. It can be replaced by another compression software, but not disabled. Have you installed any other ZIP software? If so, it will override the XP zip. If not and you need a zip tool, then you can download a free copy of WINZIP from www.winzip.com
8)
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby azizmakk » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:03 am

yes I installed winzip on my system
Learn to Know
azizmakk
Initiate
Initiate

Postby azizmakk » Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:16 am

I uninstall the winzip and it works I got the compressed folder back in place thanks
Learn to Know
azizmakk
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Operating Systems