nt4 program installation problems

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

nt4 program installation problems

Postby J.C.GARCIA » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:11 am

i've installed windows nt 4 workstation with 4 kinds of users or profiles . admin ( myself ) , user1 ( myself ) and then user 2 and user 3 for two other people . the problem is that when i install any program , the program itself appears in any of the logins and anyone can use the program . i've even gone as far as to install in a particular user profile ( etc : winnt/profiles/user 2 ) but to no avail . is there a way to install a program for a particular user so that only that user can see and use . its driving me up the bend . help needed . thank you . :?:
J.C.GARCIA
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Toby B. » Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:50 pm

the profiles you are talking about are for personal files protection/privacy ONLY!!! The admin profile allows for control over the operation of the computer. Even in the Admin profile you cant lock a particular software from other users...

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Return to Operating Systems